Tooth and Fang

He couldn't believe this was happening. Reidan Global had bought the Wildlife Park putting both he and Mikaela out of a job. Austin Richmond had never thought a day would come, when he would have to part with his animals.

Apparently it had been all over the news. Mysterious animal attacks all across the globe so that as a precaution, Reidan Global had bought nearly every zoo in the world that they did not have influence over to protect them, and since Gary, the owner of the Wildlife Park, was very anti-Reidan, that meant that they had bought the park.

Austin strolled through the parks forest, stopping every now and then to listen to the birds. Oh, how he loved the serenity of it all. He was gonna miss the Northern Territory Wildlife Park. Austin had worked there for four long years, and made so many memories. He'd even met Mikaela, the love of his life there.

Mikaela had bought them both tickets to have a walk around the park after they'd been made irrelevant, and Austin had agreed to meet her at the crocodile enclosures near the reptile house at the front of the park. Austin strolled in that direction. He always loved that part of the park. His best friend lived in the reptile house in the form of Midas, a Gould's Monitor Lizard. He waited at the intersection of paths that led from the reptile house to the main road and the aviary, expecting to see Mikaela coming from the aviary.

"Austin!" She called as she ran to him, "Thought we agreed to meet at the reptile house."
"We did," Austin replied, "But I decided I didn't want to wait." Austin grabbed her by the waist and pulled her in for a quick kiss. "So," He said, "How bout we go say by to the reptiles?" They strolled down the main path leading to the reptile house and crocodilian enclosures when they saw it. A trail of blood. "Is it Halloween?" Mikaela asked him, "Cause I didn't think it was."
"No, it definitely isn't."
"So is that real blood?"
"Yes it is." Austin grabbed Mikaela by the hand and sprinted after the trail of blood, before coming to a stop before a crocodile, that had somehow gotten out of its enclosure. It had the limp body of Gary, the previous owner of the park, in its jaws. "Mikaela. Run." Said Austin pushing Mikaela away from him. "Get to the reptile house." He said. "Get the gun!"

Mikaela ran. The last she saw of Austin he was trying to lure the crocodile back to its enclosure. She entered the reptile house and found it in ruins. The door was torn off of its hinges, and the lights were off. She found a hoard of bodies inside and knew what had happened. "The crocs made it in here too." She said to herself. "Need to find that tranquilizer."

Meanwhile, Austin had managed to lure himself into a corner and found himself surrounded by three crocs, all out of their pens. "Help me." said a small voice to his left. A little boy, no older than 8 was sitting further round the corner, hidden from the crocs. "Don't worry buddy," Austin whispered, "Just stay there and be quiet. No matter what happens you must stay hidden. Got it buddy?"
"Yeah" the kid responded.

Suddenly one of the crocs lunged at Austin, and he knew that he couldn't dive to the right for fear of the croc attacking the kid behind him. Bracing for the end, Austin raised his fists at the croc...