Chapter 6: ただいま。

3rd POV

The journey to the apartment was definitely not thrilling.

With Max singing 'Oh my darling, Clementine' on repeat, it was a bit annoying.

(Or well, that's how Ash felt.)

The apartment that Max had been staying in had come into view and Max parked the car in the residential parking lot.

They go up to the apartment and Ash's hands instinctively reach for the bottom of his shoes to take it off.

"Ash ? You don't have to take your shoes off, bud..."

'Eiji isn't here.'

'This isn't our apartment.'

"You dirty American, take off your shoes before coming in !"

"Ugh fine, Oni-chan~."

"...but if you want to, it's not a problem."

Ash accepts the offer and takes off his shoes.

Before Ash could sit down, the door swung open and a boy of small stature ran in.

"Ash !"

The figure collided with Ash and enveloped him in a small yet enthusiastic hug.

"Hi Michael."
_______________________________________________

Location: unknown

Yut-Lung was impatient.

He'd received a call saying to meet at this particular rendezvous point.

"Yut-Lung."

"Ah. It's you."

The man removes his feroda and gives a quarter bow.

"Forgive my tardiness. I had to take care of some business on the way."

Yut-Lung scoffs.

"Tch, then what do you want ? You've been gone for months without a word and suddenly pop up when the Lynx wakes up from his slumber."

"I've heard that you're going to help him find his rabbit."

Yut-Lung looks away.

"And what's it to you ?"

"Yut-Lung, that boy is not his salva-"

"Salvation ? That he'll end up broken like you?"

"Yes, it will not be yours either-"

"Oh fucking hell, Blanca. WE AREN'T YOU. We don't need you to fucking tell us what to do."

Blanca looks at him grimly.

"I see." Blanca says, putting his feroda back on. "I wish you well for the future."

Blanca turns and starts walking away.