Part 1.3

The Institute
Elizabeth POV

The mundane girl 'Clary' is laying in a bed in the infirmary. She touches her necklace in her sleep and tosses around. She mumbles something in her sleep. I go near her to listen to what she has to say. She looks likes she's having a nightmare.

She wakes up and bumps her head into mine.

"Ow." I wince a little at the impact.

"Wait, I saw you at-"

"I'm Isabelle. I've never seen Jace and Lizzy so curious about a mundane... or distracted. Like you saw earlier, distractions are dangerous in our line of work." Izzy chimes in.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Who's Jace. Who's Lizzy?" she asked with a raised brow.

"I'm Elizabeth. You really don't know much, do you?" I ask her loosing my patience.

"All I know is some psychos took my mother, and now you people have taken me." She defends herself.

"And by 'taken' I assume you mean 'saved your life'?" I ask her "I'm never helping a mundane again. They're a nuisance." I mutter to myself but Izzy hears me and smacks my head.

Alec and Jace walk in.

"A mundane shouldn't even be here." Alec complains.

"Exactly Al!" I grumble.

"Where is "here" exactly?" she asks.

"She's not a mundane, Alec." Jace defends her. Why is he defending her?

"How do you know that?" I challenge him.

"Because the seraph blade lit up when she touched it. Look, Elizabeth, can you..."

"Nope.Did you just call me by my full name Johnathan Christopher Wayland? I'm not moving. she can be dangerous" I retort.

"Fine. I'm Jace Wayland."

"I'm, uh-"

"Clary Fray, we know who you are." I interrupt her narrowing my eyes.

"Am I the only one who finds this unusual?" Alec asks.

"I'm with you brother" I tell him.

"You find everything unusual, Alec. And you like to follow Alec and his opinions, Lizzy-bear."

"Excuse you! I have my own opinions and I think this mundane can be a danger to us. Dont be a bitch to us JC." I say with my hands clenched. Great, the girl is here for less than a day and she's already making us fight.

"I have to report this to the Clave." Alec informs in his authoritative tone.

"You know what? Dial it down a notch." Jace suggests.

"My brother doesn't have a dial. I love you, Alec, but you have a switch that's always on." Izzy chimes in.

"I love you, too. But this-"

"Hey, you know what? Give me a minute. Here's a word you never hear me say. Please?" Jace says rudely.

"What is with you? Really, no, what is with him?" I look at Izzy, hoping to get an explanation as to why Jace was acting bitchy.