ғιnal aυтнorѕ' noтe

Hi! It's me, Not Ref! (It's Silver actually.)If you're wondering why this is being posted at a random time on a Sunday, it's because Ref is not here and the rest of us can't organize to save our lives so uh...enjoy. Also idk how to center text on wattpad

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

。・゚゚・。

cress

I co-wrote a novel with seven other people and all I got was this dumb T-shirt.

Okay, kidding, I got eight new friends, a plethora of fun characters to write, broadened my horizons, met multiple great readers, and reaped immeasurable benefits from my time with the G.F.C. I didn't know what the hell I was doing when I replied to Volt's announcement about starting a book collab — spoiler: I still do not — but I am increasingly glad that I did every single day. We wound up with some of the best writers I know, and we made a really good novel out of it.

Unfortunately, there's not actually a T-shirt, because G.F.C. merchandise sounds like the best idea on Selino, but there's a lot of other things that make me happy that I stuck around to the end.

Speaking of the end, guess who else made it here? You! Good job!

And good job to us, because we wrote a fucking novel and filled out too many Google Forms to be healthy!

。・゚゚・。

ref

On May 15th, 2020, I had my first opportunity to talk about our book collab. I have not stopped since. So yes, let me just get it out of the way — I'm a little bit obsessed. To be fair, I think we all are.

Anyway. Is the GFC a club? A clique? A cult? A collection of cool kids co-conspiring to create crackin' content while consequently crashing into camaraderie? I sure don't know — but hey, we got a novel out of it!!!!1!1!1!!

But really. We got a novel out of it. And this author's note is cracky and weird, but I would like to make it known to the world that I am legitimately elated about this. The GFC is incredible. Honestly, full stop. I don't think what we do is even strictly universically possible, but we made it work. Thank Google God. Our beloved.

I love y'all, and I love us, and I love what we created. I love this book. And I love that we have so much left to write.

Hold on to your monorail seatbelts, dearest Almonds, because we are about to get nyoomin'.

。・゚゚・。

volt

you know, when i first posted the announcement that started all of this, i didn't expect much. i was just hoping for some internet friends, and starting a writing collab seemed like a cool way to try doing that. (like silver, i never expected this to last more than a week, shhhhh . . . )

then, against all odds, things progressed. the announcement got responses. google forms were made. more google forms were made. even more google forms were made. our abundance of google forms became our trademark. and following this incredible development, almoons happened. and almoons happening is the greatest gift to this entire moons-damned universe and everyone in it, let's be real.

so thanks to the gfc for being so amazing; the fact that we COMPLETED AN ENTIRE 120K NOVEL WITHOUT FALLING APART is totally unreal and epic. and thanks to the almonds who've stuck with us this long, you are also very epic - make sure to stick around for the rest of this dog-tier series, because we and our characters aren't done with you all yet😌 <3