Chapter 1: Lucky To Have You (Part 1)

"Congratulations Ciara Anastasia Benz, you're now the captain of the cheerleading team. Sorry Claudia, I honestly think Ciara is better than you." Mr John says. "Once again, Ciara, congrats, I hope you can lead the team well." he smiles.

"Just call me Cara, sir. And thank you." Cara says. "You deserve it, Cara." Mr John says. Each of the cheerleaders congratulates Cara except for Claudia. Claudia is a little bit upset, and jealous. She was the captain for only 2 months till Mr John replaced her with Cara.

School ends:

"Cara! I heard you're the captain now." Cameron says. "Ohh, there you are." Cara says as she plays with her dark black hair. "Yeah, I am. I'm still surprised." Cara tells him about how she feels. "Congrats, Cara, you totally deserve it!" he congratulates her. She nods and smiles at him. "So, are you still the captain of your football team?" she asks. "Yes, of course." he answers. "Good!" she says. "Let's celebrate tonight!" he suggests. Cara is quiet for a while, thinking if she can celebrate tonight. "I have tons of homework." Cara frowns. "Forget it." he sighs. "Let's go home." Cara says with a sad voice.

Cameron asks Cara if she wants him to carry her school bag, she agrees. Cameron carries her school bag as they start walking to Cameron's car. Today, his driver is picking them up. When they walk through the hallway, people continue to congratulate Cara. 

In the car, Cara mentions about how people make it a big deal that she's a captain. She never wanted to be the captain, she thinks that being a captain is challenging, especially in the cheerleading team. Claudia, on the other hand, she often asked the rest to do the work, but sometimes, she came up with good ideas. Cara doesn't understand why would Mr John think that she's better than Claudia when she thinks it's the other way round. 

"Look, baby girl, Claudia sucks, okay?" Cameron says. "That's mean of you, she's the only one who didn't congratulate me just now though." Cara says. "She's jealous. Bet she's pissed off." Cameron says. "If I can't handle being the  captain, I'll tell Mr John about it." she says. "Don't do that! You must take advantage of this opportunity. You love cheerleading, and you're leaving high school next year anyway." he says. Cara doesn't say a word but her face shows that she's still thinking.

"See, if you tell Mr John you dislike being the captain, I'm going to unfriend you." Cameron warns Cara. "What?! Cam, you can't do that. We've been friends for ages. God." Cara sighs. "I'm serious here." he says. Cara is silent for a while. "Fine. I'll never, ever, complain about being the captain. I'll try my best. You're right anyway." she says. Cameron smiles, "Great. That's my Cara."