Chapter 1: Lucky To Have You (Part 3)

"Cara! Hurry up! Mom won't let us touch the cake if you're not here yet!" Lara shouts from downstairs. "Hold on!" Cara shouts back from upstairs. "Cara, why are you so damn slow?" Aiden joins Lara to shout. "Lara, Aiden, the both of you are so selfish. Do you even know the purpose of me baking this cake?" Ms Candice asks them. 

"Is it for Cara's early birthday gift?" Aiden asks. "No. Her birthday is next week, don't you think it's too early? Cara is the new captain of Belle Laurents." Ms Candice says proudly. "Mom, I don't even care right now, that cake looks so lovely for me to eat!" Lara sighs as she stares at the cake. "You can't touch this cake unless you congratulate your sister sincerely." Ms Candice says. 

Cara and Cameron walk to the kitchen and the both of her older siblings start to clap. "Cara, I heard about the good news. I'm honestly very happy for you." Lara says then she hugs her. "Cara, my sweet sweet baby Cara, I heard about it too. I'm so proud of you." Aiden joins the hug. 

"Umm.." Cara says, confused. "It's not really a big deal, guys." she says. "See, I told you mom!" Aiden says. "Okay, fine." Ms Candice sighs. "Maybe mothers take things way too seriously." she continues. "Aw, it's okay Mrs Benz, you did the right thing for her. A cake won't hurt." Cameron says. 

"That's really sweet of you, Cam. I wish my children were like you." Ms Candice says. Aiden and Lara look at each other, and start to think if they've hurt their mom's feelings. Cameron just smiles. "Cara, cut this cake for us since it's for you." Ms Candice points at the cake. 

Before cutting the cake, Cara thanks her mom for the cake and the rest for being too nice to her. "I wish dad was here." Cara says as she cuts the cake. "I texted your dad and told him about it. He said he's very proud of you, sweetie." Ms Candice says. "When is he coming back?" Cara asks. "Probably next two months." Ms Candice says. "Busy man is always out of town." Aiden sighs.

All of them eat the cake while watching a TV show. Cameron's phone suddenly rings. "Oh God, it's from Camila." he says. Lara looks at him as soon as he mentions Camila's name. Her face is serious. "Hey, Camila, what's up?" Cameron asks. Now, Aiden, Lara and Cara stare at Cameron, curious about what Camila is saying. 

"Yes, yes, I'm at Cara's." he says, his face doesn't look that happy. "What?! Now? But-" he stops talking. Lara tries to get closer to Cameron slowly. Even though Cara sits next to Cameron, she can't really hear what Camila is saying clearly. "Oh... I'm sorry!" Cameron raises his voice. "Fine! I'll leave." he says. He locks his phone and put it inside his pocket. 

"Cara, Lara, Aiden, Ms Candice, I'm truly sorry but I have to go right now. Camila is angry." he frowns. "You need to bring some home!" Ms Candice says. "Umm, what?" Cameron asks. "The cake! There's a plastic bag on the table in the kitchen, go get it before you leave." she says. "Mrs Benz, you're too nice. My family is going to be so happy." he says as he walks to the kitchen. 

"What's wrong with Camila?" Cara asks as she follows him to the kitchen.