Chapter 1: Lucky To Have You (Part 4)

"You don't have to worry." Cameron says. Cara is quiet for a while. "Look, Cara, I know you're worried, you're curious, you're thinking too much. It really is nothing much, okay? I'll tell you." Cameron says while looking at Cara. "Okay," Cara pauses. Cameron smiles but it's fake and stops walking. "Tell Camila I say hi. And to everyone else in your house." she continues. "Sure." he says then he kisses Cara on the forehead.

Cara walks back to the living room after Cameron left. "Cara, I need to tell you something!" Lara says as she gets up. "What is it?" Cara asks. Lara looks around, "Let's talk in my room." she says. They both walk to Lara's room, Aiden is curious so he secretly follows them from behind. 

Lara locks her room door while Cara sits on Lara's bed. "Don't sit there." Lara says. Cara gets up to sit on the carpet. Lara joins her. "Okay, look, you have to promise me you won't tell anyone about this. Even Cameron, okay?" she says. "I promise." Cara says sincerely. "Good," she pauses. "Camila and I aren't talking anymore." she continues. "What?!" Cara says. 

"Crazy, crazy, I know. We argued about something." Lara sighs. "This is your first time fighting with Camila! I mean, you two have been friends for years." Cara says. "Almost four years, kiddo. Not that long. Not as long as you and Cameron." she says. "Okay, honestly, you have to fix this." Cara says as she gets up. 

"Um, sit down, I'm not done." Lara says. "I am. Camila and I are good friends too, I don't want this to ruin my friendship with her." Cara sighs. Lara is quiet for a while, she stares at the floor with a serious face. "I want you to stay away from Cameron for a while." she finally speaks. "Excuse me?" Cara asks, sarcastically. 

"You have no idea, Cara. I don't trust Camila." Lara says. "I have an idea. I'm not going to stay away from Cameron." Cara says, in the most serious way. Lara sighs and shakes her head slowly. "You better don't." she says. "I'm done here." Cara says as she walks to the door. "I'm your goddamn sister, Cara! Cameron is not your brother!" Lara says.

Cara stops walking, then looks at Lara. "Cameron didn't do anything. Why do you want me to stay away from him?" Cara asks. "You have no clue! Just listen to me." Lara says. "No." Cara raises her voice. "Yeah, yeah, Cameron didn't do anything wrong. I'm just scared. You heard me, I don't trust Camila." Lara says.

Cara turns around then walk out of the room. She sees Aiden behind the door. They both scream. Cara sighs. "Oh... Hi Cara." Aiden smiles. "Stop pretending. You heard the whole conversation." Cara says. Aiden rolls his eyes. "...Are you okay?" he asks. "Yes, I'm fine." she answers. 

"You need help?" he asks. "Not really." Cara answers. He follows her to her room. Cara sits down on her bed, upset. "Cara.." Aiden says as he tries to persuade her. "Do you think it's wrong that I don't listen to my own sister?" Cara asks. "Yes, it is," he pauses. "You should listen to her. Ask her what actually happened. I know you love Cameron a lot or even Camila, but she's still your sister." he continues.