LIII

Chapter Fifty Three

"He wasn't what I was expecting." Mariana shrugs and Giasani nods while placing a spoonful of ice cream into her mouth.

"He was younger than you, right?" Luke asks and I scoot closer to him for warmth.

"Yeah. He was immature in a way. Guys usually want one thing with me and he was not an exception." She chuckles but I know it's something that genuinely makes her sad. Mariana is such a great and outgoing person but guys never really wanted a chance to get to know her.

She's gorgeous, and guys only wanted her for what she had to offer in bed. An extremely sad but true case. I hope and pray for her happy ending every chance that I get.

"You just haven't met the right guy for you. You've been messing with boys but once you find a real man, you'll know exactly what you've been missing." Luke pats her back and she smiles. I could see her eyes water but she quickly looks away.

"Thank you, Lucas. That means a lot." She says in a whisper before turning back towards us.

"Who knows, maybe the problem is that you're looking for a man when you should be looking for a woman." Giasani says while slowly grabbing her hand. Mariana smiles a little and clears her throat.

"You're crazy." She brushes Giasani off and Joslyn raises her eyebrows at me. I smile at her and glance at Mariana.

"I don't wanna go back to school." I sigh and everybody groans.

"Way to kill a mood, Adore." Giasani sighs and rolls her eyes at me.

"Well we do have to go back so it's just the truth." I shrug and smile a little when I feel Luke grab onto my hand. "I really love you guys."

I look around at all of the people in the room and realize how lucky I am to have them in my life. They've really been there for me through some rough times and I do appreciate them.

"We love you more, Adore." Joslyn smiles and everyone does a group hug.

"Now that we've got all of our yucky feelings out of the way, let's talk about planning another trip together." Giasani says while placing her hands together on the table.

"You are absolutely right." Joslyn nods her head and looks around at everyone. "We had too much fun to not do this again."

"Before we even get that far, let's discuss the elephant that is clearly in the room." Mariana ejects and looks over at me. "Lucas is a man."

Everyone nods and Luke begins to laugh hysterically.

"I am a man, Mar. Thanks for pointing that shit out." He nods his head and tries to stay serious but laughs yet again. I nudge him with my elbow before beginning to laugh with him.

He had such a cute and addicting laugh. I couldn't hear him laugh without laughing with him. Eventually, everyone else begins to laugh too.

"Okay guys back to business." Mariana barely lets out once the laughing has died down. "Lucas is a man and we are all women here. One of us is his wife so she has nothing to worry about." She looks at me and smiles.

I say nothing but catch Luke glance at me happily.

"The rest of us are not his wife so I just want to ask what we think should be done so Lucas won't feel weird hanging with a bunch of women."

"Definitely understood. Do you feel weird hanging out with a bunch of women?" Giasani looks towards Luke and seemed to be genuinely concerned. "You can invite a bro if you really want to."

"I don't have a problem hanging with you guys. Y'all are great. Plus, we're all familiar with each other so I don't want to make anything weird by inviting someone else." Luke smiles at everyone.

"You're good people, Luke. I'm sure your homies are of the same." Giasani rolls her eyes and everyone nods in agreement.

"Exactly. Plus, I'm sure he's hot so I'm not complaining at all." Mariana shrugs and Joslyn nods happily in agreement.

"I guess I could invite my buddy Hendrix. He's cool as shit. He's a looker too so I guess that's a bonus." He nods.

"Is he single?"

"As ever. He's probably gonna be a bachelor for some more years honestly. Player type but big heart." Luke adds and places his arms around me even tighter.

"Mhm. Sounds like every guy I've met, minus the heart part of it. They never had those." Mariana rolls her eyes and Joslyn pouts at her.

"All of your buddies have that in common?" Giasani arches her eyebrow and places her head on her hand.

"Not all. At some point, I think we all did. We've grown a lot."

"You don't have that mentality anymore." I said to him but it came out as more of a question.

"Why would I? You're all I fucking need, Blue. I'm set." He kisses my forehead gently and sends chills down my spine.

I love him so much.

»«

"I don't like that color." I say and Luke turns the camera on him to make an overly dramatic sad face.

"Oh wow. What a surprise." He rolls his eyes and I just laugh at him.

"I'm sorry. The black won this for me a long time ago. It did things for me. I didn't need to see any of the other colors." I shrugged and he just nodded slowly.

"What did it do for you?" He asks while setting the camera up for me to see his upper body covered by a purple graphic tee. He looked good as ever in it too. Damn.

"Good things." I say and I instantly feel my cheeks become warm. He was making me incredibly nervous and I hated it.

"Like what, Blue?" He bends down closer to the camera and I can feel him staring into my soul. Even over the phone, he had so much power over me.

"I'm really excited for our trip with everyone. Hendrix seems like he's such a cool person." I change the subject completely and Luke just stares at me with a smile on his face.

"I can't wait for the trip either. I cannot wait to get you alone again, Adore." He smiles deviously and I feel myself needing to cross my legs. Everything that he did turned me on so much.

"What do you plan to do?" I ask and he steps away from the camera a bit.

"Good things." Is all he says before smiling at me and proceeding to tell me about his day at work. This man was surely something else.

Authors Note: I know what all of you are thinking and let me address the elephant in the room. It's been centuries since my last update but school has been having me occupied FOR SURE. I'll update as much as I can because I know there may be some of you that really enjoy the story. I'm so sorry for the inconsistency but I hope all of you are doing wonderful. I love you guys!!