XIX

Chapter Nineteen

"I would've been fine if we ate here, y'know." I commented after I had clocked back in and gave Luke a glass of water. He had taken me to a rather nice restaurant instead of just staying here and eating.

I wouldn't see the problem with staying here, I mean I would love to have Kevin serve me. I knew the food here was great too, not too expensive.

Luke knew the man who owned the restaurant he took me to so he decided to take us there to get a friendly discount.

"I know but I wanted to take you away from all of this. You must be exhausted." He looked around and I locked eyes with the guys I had served earlier.

I noticed them staring when Luke and I walked back in but I chose to ignore it. Kevin told me not to pay too much attention to the guys or girls that would stare too much.

"Staring back at them may sometimes mean company of some type. We never keep strangers company." He would say to me when I told him about a customer with wandering eyes.

I noticed the guy say things to his friends and laughing before he would look at me and squint his eyes. He said something to his guy friends and they all nodded.

I saw him get up to walk towards me and I panicked. I looked down to stare at the glasses laid across the shelf and when I looked up he was standing in front of me.

"Hey there, beautiful." He smiled and I looked at Luke. Luke paid him no mind and continued to sip his water. "Just wanted to let you know that the service was incredible but it was missing one thing."

"Which is?" I asked curiously and I finally looked at him. Luke looked at me and smiled before going back to silently drinking his water.

"Your number." He winked and I took in a breath. "It would be a shame to walk away without the number of the sexiest girl in this room."

"Um I–"

"I think you should give him the number. It would be a shame to not get your number, right? Who would he call when he wanted to enjoy a nice night out?" Luke cut in and the guy looked at him and nodded.

Now he talks.

"He's right." The man nodded towards Luke while still keeping his eyes on me. "Your name?" He looked at Luke and held out his hand for him to shake.

"Cole." Luke answered and shook his hand.

Cole? Where did that come from?

"Tyler. You two know each other?" The guy nodded towards Luke and me.

"Yeah. We're good friends. Trust me she needs someone to have a good time with. If it's nothing more than a toss in the sheets –"

"Lu–Cole. Please stop embarrassing me. I'm very capable of talking for myself." I rolled my eyes and looked at Tyler. "I'm glad to see you enjoyed your service. I'm a very busy woman, though. With school and all–"

"School?" Tyler questioned and looked at me awkwardly. He looked as if he had seen a dog with three tails.

"Yes. I'm in college." I raised a brow at how confused he seemed. I did look like I was 12 so I didn't understand the confusion.