Call of Fate

In the Shiba House

Jayden left out from bed. "Ahh..." he winces in pain by moving his body. He tries to walk and went downstairs towards book shelf. He went through different several books, flipped numerous pages. Rejecting info of different nighlock thinking of one name DEKKER. *beep *beep his samurizer rings suddenly. His looked at it amusingly. He took a deep breath, "hello" he speaks. Still looking in books. "Hello Jayden" he furrowed his eyes, "Mia is that you?" he asked surprisingly. His heart was beating unexpectedly. "Yes, it's me, how are you? how is mentor? And most curious question what are you doing?" At last question she giggled bit. "Yeah, I'm fine Mentor is also fine and your most curious question, I'm reading a book." He chuckled. "Oh! may should I know which reason you called me" she stayed silent for moment. "Mia is there any problem?" her silence telling something. She snapped out of her trance. She had to tell him about what she heard from terry. "Yes, actually I heard from some people that there is nighlock attack appear near forest, that nighlock was white and red in color. I thought it was Dekker, but I don't know about it. But that nighlock appear near forest also he attacked on person. You lived there and I realized..." that person was me and nighlock was Dekker, am I right?" he asked with sarcasm. "Yeah, that's the reason I called you. How are you? Or did he really attack you? Was he Dekker?" she panicked as her heart beating fast. "Calm down Mia nothing happened like this someone is pulling prank on you." He lied. Not wanting to tell her or not want to put her in danger. Maybe both. "No Jayden, terry told me about it. So, I Investigate to people near forest. How all they all lie with me?" Mia tone start to raise. "I... I___" Jayden got speechless as Mia caught his lie. "Mia...argh__" his book slipped from his hand. He winced in pain keeping book in hand. He groaned in pain. "Jayden are you okay? what is happening there?" she got panicked. "Mia I__" he starts to think what to explain. Suddenly he heard a shout and his samurizer got snatched. "JAYDEN!" Mentor shouted, "I told you not to move, you are injured." Mia heard Mentor stated to scolding him without acknowledging about call. 'So, it's true then, that you are injured and it was Dekker' She hung up the call. 'I need to tell him about the things which I unnecessarily hided. WAIT! Why he didn't open up about his injuries though. If this nighlock is Dekker he needs to warn us about it. I need to confirm it.' "I need to pay visit to Shiba house to figuring about this nighlock." She spoke. "Talk to parents, they will suggest somethings or facts." terry said as he wasn't in profession of samurai duties. He was normal guy with normal life, helping her sister by his advices was only option.

1 hour later

Soon her parents come, they sit up for dinner. Mia told them about Jayden's injury and nighlock attack. She asked permission about meeting with Mentor Ji and Jayden. "Yes, daughter you can meet them they need your help." Mia's father told her. "Take our car you can go tomorrow moaning." Mia's mother told her. "Yes, I will. I say good night to both." As she heads to bed, thinking about having conversation with Jayden. 'Why he lied about his injuries and Dekker first. Again, his urge to fight with him alone. He hasn't changed. in the team, he was always like this. Maybe this is last chance to realize him teamwork always work and you're not putting someone in danger.' She thought. May her thought turn into reality that's why fate works, It has to. Her samurizer rings unexpectedly, she picked up with regular line, "Hello". "Mia is that you?" Jayden asked in secretly low tone like he was talking secretly. "Jayden what happened when__" "Listen Mia there is nothing happen like this, I'm fine and there is no nighlock come here. Don't worry about it." He interrupts and assured her. 'Oh boy! Really am I this naïve or is he this naïve?' she furrowed her brows. "Jayden do you think am I fool or something? I heard Ji talking maybe scolding you about injuries and don't tell me there is no nighlock. Now you can't tell me lie." Mia said grin on her face. "I...I'm sorry I don't want to tell you because__" "because you don't want to put us(team) on danger, still without informing us is also not good option, Jayden" she completed his sentence. "Yeah, I'm sorry." he apologizes again. "No, I'm not going to forgive you, why are you talking in small voice?" she asked. "Oh, this is because at the time of call he grabbed my samurizer and don't even letting me touch it as punishment of not resting. But Mentor is now sleeping then I stole it and call you." he told her sincerely "wait punishment, it really suits you." she joked. They both share laugh at this. In instead of silence, Mia asked him. "So, Mentor said was true? You were attacked and it was Dekker." "Yes." He answered simply. Again, they went silence for a moment until Mia spoke. "I will visit you tomorrow. As my parents suggest it and YOU CAN'T SAY NO TO IT." She put stress on her last words. "But Mia__" "no buts Jayden, because you don't know that you need me." She said firmly. "What do you mean?" sudden statement got Jayden curious. "it's about Dekker." "Okey, what is it?" he asked again. "I can't tell you on phone, can we talk tomorrow?" she said as her voice was tired because of today's complete chaos. He let out a sigh and agreed, "okay." "Good night." that's all he says. "Good night Jayden." she said. 'Tomorrow is another big day.' She told herself and drifted in sleep.

Meanwhile with Jayden

He hangs up the call, silently put his samurizer where it placed. He went to his bed thing about what Mia want to tell him. "What did she know about Dekker that I don't? I can't let her involve her too much in it. I should think about how I could send her back to house? She is good warrior, but I can't bare myself if she got hurt because of me, it's only with me and Dekker like last time. But she always tries to prove that we are team not weakness.' He smiles himself. Staring at the wall 'Let's see what we had in tomorrow.' "Oh no! how am going to tell Mentor about this?" he gasps silently. 'Tomorrow is going to be long day'