Chapter 5 | Adrien

On his way home, Adrien started to tear up. He knew Marinette still remembers him, but he also knew that all the moments they had together as Ladybug and Chat Noir have been forgotten. All of them...

Plagg came out of his coat. He saw how sad his friend was, so he tried to cheer him up a little.

— Heyy, don't be so sad... I mean, yes, she lost her memory, but that doesn't mean that you'll never be together with her again. Like your friend, Alya, said: you can make her fall in love with you again, and then you'll recreate all those moments you two lovebirds had... it's like when you are eating camembert: it tastes so good that sometimes I feel bad for eating it all, but then I take another piece of camembert, and recreate the same feeling I felt when I first ate the previous one!

Adrien looked at him, and laughed.

— I know you're trying to make me feel better, and you're the best kwami anyone could ask for for that! But I don't know if I wanna talk right now... I think I'd rather stay silent and- cry inside... no, that sounds so dramatic, I'm sorry... — he said.

Plagg giggled. Then he decided to respect his friend's decision.

— It's okay, at least I put a smile in your face, even if it was a little one... — he said softly.

When he got home, Adrien laid on his bed and couldn't stop thinking about Marinette. He felt an emptiness on his chest. He didn't want to recreate their moments together, he wanted her to remember them, and him, as Chat Noir.

He continued like that for about 2 hours. The fact that Marinette won't be the same anymore made him feel horrible. He felt pain. It was hard for him to accept the fact that he won't be able to call her m'lady or bugaboo again, with her making her angry pout at him, or flirting back.

'Oh, my god. I think of this as if she was dead... but I need her back, I need my Ladybug back. It'd be weird to fight alongside Alya now that she's the new Ladybug...' he thought.

Marinette losing her memory wasn't the only reason why Adrien's mental health was getting worse; his dad was still Hawkmoth, he ran away with the butterfly and peacock miraculous... and her mother was -still- in the hospital. The doctors were trying everything to wake her up.

He still had nightmares about the moment when he found out her mother was in a coma and in their basement all this time, because of his father... he thought she was dead, they had a funeral for her. But no, those were all lies. His father's lies and secrets were giving him nightmares and traumas.

Nathalie, acting like if she was innocent, and without knowing Adrien's Chat Noir, was 'taking care' of him. She felt bad, but she still stayed with him. The only people Adrien had at that moment were his bodyguard and Nathalie, but he didn't know that one of them was a traitor, that one of them was his father's accomplice.

— Why didn't you accept Nathalie's offer? No offense, but I really think it'd help you — Plagg said.

— I don't want a therapist, Plagg. I don't want anyone else. I'm not okay, and I think a therapist would make it worse instead of making it better — Adrien answered.

A couple of days ago, after seeing Adrien so depressed, Nathalie offered him a visit to a therapist, but Adrien said no. He felt like he didn't need anyone to help him.