Baby Hoot Hoot

"Where am I?"

Everyone in the room diverted their eyes to the little Hoot Hoot who gained his consciousness after almost 6 hours. Koutaro groaned again as he held his head after he felt the slight sting which worried Satoru and went out to call the doctors.

Y/N's tears fall as he saw his brother wide awake. She stood up and slowly went to his now awake brother. Koutaro just stared at her. His eyes were blank, not showing any visible emotions. Y/N held his brother's hand making him flich from the sudden reaction of the girl.

"A-aniki. *sobs* Aniki!", Y/N cried as he leaned his head on Koutaro's chest embracing his brother who saved her. Koutaro suddenly gasped by the girl's actions. He didn't know what to do so he just let the girl embrace him. He then looked at everyone in the room.

"Who are you? Why are you there? Where am I?", Koutaro asked eyeing everyone in the room. He then looked at Y/N who lift her head after hearing his brother's words.

"Who are you? Why did you hug me?", Y/N's blue orbs widened. She stood as she walks backward, slowly making a gap between her and her brother.

"Y-you don't know me?", Y/N asked blinking consecutively trying to stop her tears from falling. Koutaro just shook his head as an answer while giving the girl a suspicious look.

"W-why?", Y/n continued.

"Eh? Why? Should I have to know you? Are you an actress or something?! Am I on a TV show? HEY! HEY! HEY! Nice acting girl!", Koutaro exclaimed as he raised both of his arms in the air. He's doing the usual Koutaro shout.

Y/N looked at him with disbelief and looked at her mama who's also shocked and in the verge of crying.

"Y-you're bluffing right? Aniki?", Y/N forced a smile as she looked at his brother who's smiling widely. Y/N cried as he saw Koutaro's eyes, it's not the same as before. His eyes were happy but lacks gentleness and love that he both felt for his sister.

"Oohhh! Is this part of the scene? Let me think.", Koutaro said as he put his pointing finger on his chin. It's the same move that he always do whenever he wants to think deeply.

Koutaro's eyes softened as he looked at Y/N once again. He parted his arms, welcoming Y/N for a great warm hug which Y/N accepted immediately.

"A-aniki.", Young Y/N said as she buried her face on Koutaro's chest while the young boy tapping her back slightly.

"It's fine now. Aniki is fine.", Koutaro's heartwarming voice makes Y/N fill with happiness again. The room went silent for a while as Koutaro began laughing.

"HAHAHAHA! HEY! HEY! HEY! How's my act young lady? Does my act felt true?! How was it? How was it?", Koutaro exclaimed pushing Y/N at the floor. Y/N's eyes filled with tears again because of the pain. Not because of her butt hitting the floor hardly but because of the pain of losing her brother.

Satoru immediately entered the room together with the doctors when he saw his sister, still crying on the floor. His mom and dad were staring blankly at Koutaro who's smiling widely like just how he used to be.

"A-aniki Sato. He didn't remember us." Y/N's words rang in Satoru's head, trying to process it.

"What?!"

The doctors and nurses came to check Koutaro. After a while, the doctors called Mr. and Mrs. Gojo outside to talk on Koutaro's condition, leaving the 4 siblings inside.

Norman looking at Koutaro who's now sleeping with his gentle eyes, Y/N staring blankly at Koutaro and Satoru who's looking at Koutaro with pity.