「24」A Mixed Bag

06/27/21
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

"Seriously? So, what are you planning to do?" I ask, my anxiety slowly spiking

"Seriously? So, what are you planning to do?" I ask, my anxiety slowly spiking. The thought of having to do something in return for Krone's help began to swarm my mind.

"I wanna use it." Emma boldly stated, which earned shocked stares from all three of us. "We can dig up information we normally couldn't get!"

"Yeah sure, but aren't you risking something? What if she lies to you? Shatters all hope of escape? What then?!" Ray raised his voice, I'm guessing that the lack of thought put into her decision got to him.

I put my hand on his shoulder and gave him a small smile to reassure him. Norman noticed and used this to explain the benefits he recognized to Ray.

"Even if she does lie to us, nothing will change the fact that she was talking to us about confidential information. We'd just have to report her for suspicious behavior and allow Mama to connect the dots! She can't lie, or else she'd be selling herself out." Norman spoke, a determined smile on his face.

Emma finger gunned at Norman, "Exactly!"

Ray's tense posture eased up a little, and he began to speak.

"Emma, Norman. I trust you to take care of business with Sister. Chouchou and I have some things to prepare. As usual, report back when you learn something new."

The duo nodded and ran off together, who knows what they were gonna do. Which reminds me, I wanna play Cupid before we get outta here anyways, so that's another thing to think about.

Anyways, I'm getting off track as usual.

"Chouchou. Have a sec?" The aura around Ray had darkened, and those damned butterflies came back again. I have no idea why they came back, fear or whatever.

"U-uh...yeah I do. So what's up?" I stuttered, but I couldn't help the fear that came with Ray's demeanor.

There was a brief moment of silence before he spoke up.

"Are you hiding something from me? You can be honest, I won't judge whatever you have to say."

I realized that the darkened aura that I felt around Ray wasn't him, it was my fear for what he might say. Since when did I care about stuff like that..?

But, this was something I couldn't tell him. I don't want him to get dragged into something I never intended to happen. Not again.

"If we're talking about personal matters, then yeah I guess. But everyone has their own personal troubles right?" I admit because it was half-true.

Ray sighs before speaking.

"Alright, but if things get too tough to handle by yourself, you have me. Take care, (Y/n)."

With that, he left me by myself underneath the tree.

"Did-did he just say my name?" I asked, my cheeks slowly but surely flaring up.