Chapter Three

''You knew I wouldn't have killed her, brother. Why did you stop me?'' ''It's wrong, Damon. You can't feed from random girls you find on the streets.'' Slowly I was starting to wake up, realising I wasn't laying on the cold floor of the alley anymore. Instead, I was laying in a warm bed. I slowly open my eyes. The room wasn't mine or some that's familiar. The fireplace was burning, and into the direction of the door, the two brothers were talking. Damon, the one who attacked me. And Stefan, the one who saved me. This all must be a dream. I cough once, to let both of the brothers know I was awake. ''Dahlia.'' Stefan walked over to the bed, sitting down on the edge of it. ''How do you feel? What can you remember?'' I sigh deeply, closing my eyes to remember what happened before I got unconscious. ''I ran away from home because my father hit me, and something was following me. I started to run away from it, until it got me and... fed from me. It was a vampire...'' I open my eyes again, glaring at Damon. ''You...'' Damon started to grin, the same grin he had on his face when he was about to feed from me. ''Your father hit you?'', Stefan asked. I turn my head into his direction again, nodding slowly. ''Yes, he did. I didn't want to believe vampires existed...'' ''Well, guess what, sweetheart.'', Damon said, making me roll my eyes. ''There is something you need to promise me, I'm serious. Don't tell our secret to anybody, most of all your father. If you do, you might take care of the end of our life's...'' I look shocked at both Stefan and Damon, not even understanding a thing of this all. ''So.. You both are vampires?'' Stefan sighed, taking my hand. In a moment different from this one I would have melt away, but at the moment I couldn't. First of all, Damon was here. Second, I was shocked. ''You've got to promise me, Dahlia. Even if I have to beg... Keep it a secret. I don't want to compell you and make you forget our meeting.'' I slowly nod, looking up into his perfect green eyes. ''I promise.'' A soft smile appeared on his face, which made me smile automatically once again. ''Quit with the romantic staring, you two make me vomit.'', Damon mumbled, a shy blush appeared on my cheeks. ''Just.. Get out.'' Damon obeyed his brother's words and got out of the room, leaving me and Stefan behind. ''I'm sorry this had to happen.'', he said, pointing at the bandage around my neck. ''It's alright.. I will be fine, right?'', I asked, he nodded. An awkward silence followed after that little conversation. ''Why did your father hit you?'', Stefan suddenly asked, his thumb softly brushing over the small bruise on my cheek. ''He's alcoholic...'' He pulled his hand back from my cheek, his eyebrows forming a serious frown. ''He is?'' I nod softly, looking down at the white sheets. ''You know what, I will let you rest. You can stay here for as long as you want.'' ''Thank you, Stefan.'', I smile at him as he stood up and walked out of the room. Reality came as soon he left. What if my father thought I was getting kidnapped by vampires? Or what if Damon will actually drain all of my blood? I was terrified, my life changed in just a few days. It was more exciting, that for sure. But it was freaking me out.