I

I was finishing up the last pieces of Dee's dress. She called me the other day and told me she wanted a baby blue dress like the picture below but with slight differences so it's not identical.

This is something I loved to do

This is something I loved to do. I didn't make custom pieces a lot because I already style myself and others as well as homes but when I get the time, I enjoy it.

Tomorrow I was going to take it to Dee. She really think she grown, but she looks amazing at her age and I know she was gonna look bomb in her Halo's Designs.

Once I finished I snapped some pictures with my camera to put this look in my portfolio. After cleaning my guest room of the mess I made doing the dress, I was exhausted and had an early meeting with my professor over video chat so I was going to shower and watch Grey's until I fell asleep.

My phone rung the entire time in the shower and I was confused who was calling me at 1 am.

"Unknown number" I said. I just thought maybe they had the wrong number or it was a scam. I walked away to brush my teeth. It rung again.

"Hello, who is this?" I asked confused. "Halo baby" the voice said. As soon as I heard that voice everything around me felt closed in and I panicked. I hung up and checked all my doors and windows. I was ready to kill him at any given moment but I couldn't take him knowing anything about me. I've changed my number so much so he wouldn't know how to contact me and my socials were private. How the fuck does he keep getting my personal number.

I was so tight, I was anxious and now I couldn't sleep. I hated that man with everything in me and I hope I never see him.

I laid in bed thinking how my mom had so many chances to leave that man but she stayed to keep up an image. She didn't know that when she left me alone with him he raped, burned, and starved me because he acted loving in front of her despite how he treated her. I just wish she knew her worth because she left me before I was prepared to be an adult.

Henry was the devil. And I hated to even have to acknowledge that I'm adopted and came from somebody who could beat, rape, manipulate, kill, his wife and child.

Luckily I survived and I will never tolerate the things my mom did. It's what makes me tough and also portray my weakness because I can't ever live I am now always forced to have a hard exterior and poker face and for that I am alone and will soon have 20 cats. My past scarred me and I know a man won't accept a girl with my kind of trauma, so I was straight on getting serious, can't trust a nigga no way they are all the same.

I heard my phone ringing again. This time it read Haven Brown on the caller ID. I didn't want to pick up but I did anyways because it was late.

"Hello, is this Halo Brown." They soft voice said on the end. "Who is this? My last name isn't brown." I've never told anyone what my last name was before my adoption so who was playing oh my phone. I hope Henry ain't tryna get a bitch killed with him.