VIII: His Spared Light

Third POV

30 minutes passed since the car exploded. Those 30 minutes were pure chaos for everyone, A-unit members scrambled around to get things done.

Starting off, the base was placed on lockdown, as they extinguished the fire and got rid of the car. Meanwhile, they made sure that the situation was contained, like any other mafia ploy to protect Izuku's identity.

They called in Miss Shuzenji, who'd been dubbed as a recovery girl for her remarkable skills in the medical field. She helped everyone with open wounds and treated Izuku.

People began to search around each car, just in case more bombs had been planted. They found 5 cars but there was no way to tell how many more there were.

Finally, the last and most dreaded step. Someone still had to tell Katsuki the news. Be the brave soul to call him and say, "Sorry, we weren't paying attention. The blast of a car bomb rendered Izuku injured and unconscious."

No one wanted to be the one to take a Katsuki-cuss out. After a minute of wishful thinking, they had Mineta do it.

The room was silent when the call was made. The moment Izuku's name was brought up and the situation had been explained, they heard it loud and clear, despite the fact Mineta's phone wasn't on speaker.

They all waited in the medical bay on the second floor, completely silent. They felt fearful not just for Katsuki's rage but for Izuku's condition.

Miss Shuzenji hadn't said anything. She wasn't going to until Katsuki showed up and gave her permission to do so.

A pin drop could've been heard, the room was so silent. They all jumped as the elevator doors dinged open. Auras spilled out of it from the three people inside.

Everyone either sat or stood there, none daring to look Katsuki in the eyes like Izuku did when they'd first met.

Despite the murderous aura that surrounded Katsuki, his voice was calm, too calm for their liking. "Get your asses to the main conference room. We need to talk."

They all nodded quickly, filing out. None of them dared to get in his way. It was obvious any misstep or wrong move would be nothing short of a disastrous health hazard.

Katsuki trudged to the narrow hall, passed the lounging area, and striding to the medical bay. He stood in front of Room 1, the largest room left completely intact.

He clenched the door handle, not ready to see his beloved's current state. The idea of him not looking his usual self made him feel dysfunctional. He didn't want to see his light and latest joy forced away from him.

He pushed down on the handle and opened the door. His heart felt as if it were being torn out of him and ripped to shreds.

Miss Shuzenji placed the last bandage on the side of Izuku's cheek, when she pulled back for Katsuki to see his lover in such a gut wrenching state.

Starting from the bottom up, his ankle had been casted in a small black brace, small parts of his skin that managed to poke out were a faint color of red, his legs were covered with white bandages all the way up to his thighs.