Chapter Eight

The sky was clouded with a hundred clouds, birds were hiding, the sky was crying, and you were eating your breakfast whilst doing homework with Morty.

"What's this?"
"That's an equation, see you've got to times this first because of the brackets" you explained, pointing at the equation and and hesitantly eating your cereal.

"Yeah but- why?"
You shrugged, "BIDMAS or something"

The two of you were working through your Math homework Goldenfold had set you. After you had to do Science and then help Morty with an assignment.

You explained how to do certain things like some of the times tables and BIDMAS. He just really was never in school.

The two of you finished your breakfast and continued with your work at the table, you explaining most of the things to him because although you were legally a smith, your IQ was much higher so to say.

The two of you completed your maths homework around an hour later, you began to wonder if you should be a teacher when you're older or not.

Rick entered the dining room from his garage, only wearing a white tank top and his usual pants and belt, his chest had smears of rust or something on, and you could see a couple scratches that he must had gotten whist working.

"Hey Rick" Morty called over, trying to do anything to get out of homework. "Get me one please!"
"Me too"

Rick wandered over to the kitchens fridge and grabbed himself a drink, grabbing a coke each for the two of you. He walked over and placed a can in front of you and stood behind Morty, placing his can between his neck making him pull his neck in and squeal.

Morty batted his grandfather away and you smirk at him, opening your can and taking a sip.

Morty wriggled away and snatched the can from Rick's grasp, Rick also smirking at him.

"So- uurrp- what are you two doing?" Rick asked, looking down at the two of you.
"Homework..." Morty's voices whined at the word itself, obviously tired from doing the work.
"Morty come on, we've finished maths now" you tried to encourage him but the yellow short boy only rolled his eyes and took a sip of his coke.
"Homework is stupid, the whole point is to get less of it" Rick stated, everyone knew how he felt about homework, school, society pretty much-

He wasn't fond of it.
He hated it.

"Agreed. But we have to get it done otherwise Morty's gonna get another detention" You got out the Science sheets over photosynthesis and handed him a sheet. Rick just rolled his eyes. You looked up and noticed these said cuts from his work.

"Rick what's that?" You asked, staring at them. Rick looked down and traced a finger over a couple, blood dripping down to which he left on his finger and took a lick.

"Cuts. They'll be fine."
You sighed and stood up, telling Morry to start whist you went to the kitchen to grab the first aid kit from the cupboards. You came back and out of on the table, standing with Rick behind Morty as he did his work.

"What are you doing." Rick stated rather than asked.
"Better question; what are you doing out in the garage?" You asked, grabbing disinfectant and putting it on some cotton.
"Working- get that away from me" Rick ordered, stepping back as you stepped forwards. You looked up at him with a -_- face.

"This is to clean your cuts dipshit"
"I know what it's for fuckface"
"Then why are you being a baby about it?"
"Not."
"Are"
"Not"
The two of you went back and forth. You stepped closer letting Rick step backwards again.

"If you're not afraid then let me do it"
"I'm not afraid of anything, I-I'm Rick fucking Sanchez"
Morty turned around and butt in; "a-a-actually Rick, you're afraid of Pirates"
"FUCK YOU MORTY!"
You wanted to laugh but also just rolled your eyes at his stupidity. Why Rick was acting so stupid you didn't know. You'd seen him do it before, act stupid sure but no. You'd seen him come back from missions and disinfect his cuts, and Morty's for matter of fact.