The World that never was 4 (not edited)

I yelped as I reappeared in another world, landing on something hard, yet warm, despite the book in my face. As I groaned in pain, I heard a pained voice as well. "Oowwww, What the-? (Y/n)-x?!"

I blushed when I realized I landed on top of Axel. His green eyes were close to mine, wide in surprise, but amused at the situation. However, our position was no laughing matter. I was above him of course, with a knee between his legs, and my arms on either side of his body. Despite our faces close enough to touch noses, I wanted to cry in embarrassment. Why, in the name of kingdom hearts, did my key blade travel to this exact moment, in this exact position?

"S-sorry! I'm so sorry!" I quickly got off him, and stood away from the bed. "I had no idea! It just-This just happened...! I had no control over it!" I laughed sheepishly, and waved my hands in embarrassment.

Axel rubbed his stomach, blushing as well, and trying to laugh it off. He sat up as he did so, placing the book on the side. "Heheh, yeah! It just happened, totally... Ahem, without you knowing..."

"Oh-! Yeah! Definitely without me knowing! I would have definitely knocked on your door and waited till you permit me entrance! In your room..." I cleared my throat, trying to calm my beating heart. 'Hoo boy, he was close... A whole lot closer than when I'm trying to tease someone! Although, his eyes were really pretty to look at...'

Axel flinched when I suddenly squealed into my hands. I buried my steaming face, shocked at my thoughts. He reached out to me, then stopped. "H-hey, you ok?"

"Huh-?! Yeah! Totally!" I put a thumbs up, grinning wide. "But it's good to see you again! How have you been?"

"I'd like to say the same for you. I last saw you going on a mission with Saix." He explained. "You alright? He didn't scare you, did he?"

I looked away in thought. That's true. The last I saw him and the others, was when they were introducing me as a new member. Then Saix took me on a mission, then I ran from him to avoid fighting. I shivered, remembering his berserker mode. "Does Saix have anger issues?"

Axel blinked, before chuckling. "What? Maybe. What did he do out there?"

I sweat-dropped. "He... went berserk."

Axel smiled in amusement, then grabbed his chin in mock thought. "I wonder why."

I shrugged, crossing my arms. I had no idea why he didn't like me. However, I do remember Saix's confession about me. I wondered what went through his mind, but decided not to dwell on it for now. I suddenly remembered something. Why did Xemnas call Axel an assassin? I looked over at Axel, then looked at his hair. They were a flaming red, nothing I've seen before. When Axel turned back to me, I smiled up at him. "Wanna get some ice cream?"

He grinned. "Sure. We still have to claim your prize."

"That's for sure." I grinned. "Where are the others?"

"They're on a mission actually. We can meet them at the clock tower. We always meet there after our missions." Axel explained, as we exited his room.

"Ok then-" I nodded, when I noticed a cloaked figure around the corner behind Axel. They quickly hid themselves.

Axel followed my gaze. "What are you looking at?"

"Huh? Oh, nothing. Give me a sec! I'll meet you in the lounge!" I waved to him as I jogged towards the corner. Axel made a face of confusion, but said nothing. I was glad he didn't.

When I looked around the corner, the figure was gone. I looked about the empty hallway. Was I imagining things?

"(Y/n)?" Axel appeared behind me, placing a hand on my shoulder.