Chapter 4 (titles are hard okay)

I gasped down in horror at my now singed wrist. I grabbed a handful of snow of the deck and frantically started rubbing it on my skin, that would have to do for the time being. I slowly pushed myself up from the cold deck and walked over to the stairs. I grasped the icy railing and ascended to the control room. Once inside the control room I realized I didn’t know how to steer a ferry, I could barely drive a car. Well I was going to have to make a decision and make it fast, the other bank wasn’t that far away. To my left there was another dock maybe if I turned the boat and made it over there I could dock it or at least stop and hope my jumping skills had improved. I grasped a hold of the steering wheel and started spinning it to the left. Now that I was facing the right direction, I started closing in on the dock. I left my post and opened up the control room door to check and see if I was being followed, in the distance I could see one of the creatures standing on the dock but the one in the water was no where to be found. I was just turning around when the entire boat jolted and I was sent sprawled down the stairs, adding several bruises to my growing collection of injuries. I pulled myself up off the ground and ran up the stairs, while I had been looking at the opposite bank the ferry had crashed into the dock destroying it completely. Well at least now I wouldn’t have to jump from the ferry to the dock, I could just climb off the front and slide down to the ground. I worked my way over to the damaged front end of the ferry and got as close to the edge as I could, the bottom portion of the front end was worse than I thought it had splinters of wood sticking out all over the place, the ground was only about 5 feet away. I took a deep breath and jumped, the wind blowing through my hair felt nice for the entire 5 seconds I was in freefall. Then I got reacquainted with my old friend pain. when I fell I managed to land on my right arm, it felt like someone had stabbed me in the wrist, I really hope it isn’t broken and that it’s just a sprain. I pushed my self up using my other hand and got to my feet. Across the street from me there was an airport, cradling my right arm I trudged through the snow towards the building.