Chapter 2: Stranger Tides

"Go away Bluezone." Deszetra muttered as she tried to speed walk away from the nosy mech, who had been following her everywhere, without realization that a femme needs space or she will blow up.

      "I'm your surveillance. You know I can't." He retorted simply.

      Supressing an angry sigh, she stepped into her berthroom, making sure to slam the door in Bluezone's face as he tried to follow. My berthroom: My alone zone. She told herself, keeping a grim expression as the mech knocked on the door.

     "Deszetra let me in!"

    "Just because Megatron told you to watch over me, doesn't mean you have to be a pervert!"

    That response silenced Bluezone, for now, and Dezzy had some time to herself, which she rarely got on the warship. She's been here for two days and already sick of it. Sick of the blue mech.

     "He's nosy, ain't he?" Sky Rocket's voice behind her made her jump.

    "Sky Rocket! Hi!" Dezzy turned to look at the medic, who was sitting on the edge of her berth, legs crossed. "Do you need something?"

     "Megatron told me, to tell you, that Ol' Soundwave found a planet rich with the blue stuff. We is a changing course and heading there." Sky Rocket shrugged, her rough and catch me if you can smile matching her personality. "And I figured I could replace Bluezone, and watch over you, maybe give you a lil' space. You seem to need it."

    Deszetra blinked in suprise, cursing her audio receptors for hearing the medic wrong. "I beg your pardon?"

    Sky Rocket slightly chuckled before rising to her peds and approaching the femme.

    "You heard me right, Kiddo. Relax- I'll take care of Bluezone. Just use yur alone time wisely."

    A smile came to Dezzy's faceplate. "Thanks Sky Rocket." The older femme laughed warmly again. "Don' mention it, Kiddo."  With a last kind smile to Deszetra, Sky Rocket opened the door, closed it behind her, and some whispers could be heard between her and Bluezone outside the door, followed by the decrescendo of ped-steps. Deszetra was alone. Thank you, Sky Rocket.

    With a long sigh, Deszetra flopped down onto her berth, staring up at the ceiling, and finding that tears had begun to gather in her optics. She had gone three days without remembering that her sparkmate was dead. Orion was dead. She was alone. A few tears turned to many, and she buried her face in her servos, just letting them flow. With the exception that she was alone, she said rather loudly, "Orion why the frag did you leave me?!" and broke into sobs, breaking down. I still need him..

    She removed one of her servos and rested it on her stomach, remembering that she still carried Orion's sparkling.

    It was about five minutes of sobbing before she heard, "Deszetra? You okay?" Sky Rocket knocked on her door, her voice filled with worry and concern.

     The purple femme opened her mouth to speak, but choked on her words and broke into another sob, and she just closed her optics as the medic opened the door and quickly stepped to her side.

    "Kiddo..." Sky Rocket whispered, before sitting at the edge of the berth. Deszetra wasn't thinking straight as she sat up and threw her arms around the medic, whimpering with sadness. Sky Rocket didn't break the hug; she wrapped her own arms around the younger femme and whispered to her: "Who was he?"

      Deszetra's optics widened, and she pulled back a bit, staring at Sky Rocket with suprise.

     "Who was yur sparkmate?" The older femme said clearly, one arm around Dezzy, and her optics soft and understanding. "When you were an Autobot... you had a sparkmate. Who was he?"