The Beginning

Wylie Groves is your average fifteen year old outcast. Only one or two friends from school, and walking through the woods took up most of her free time.

She stepped out from her modest wooden house on a warm Sunday morning in autumn. She felt the sun highlighting her golden brown hair as she began walking towards the trail. She carried her olive green book bag with her containing all the homework she had been procrastinating on for the past two days, and a few other items she preferred traveling with. She carried a bottle of water, a bag of trail mix incase she became hungry, a set of matches in case anything were to go wrong, her mobile phone, and her camera for pictures of the scenery.

Once she had finally reached the trail about a quarter mile from her home, she felt the cooling of the shadows cast by the trees along her skin as she continued walking. She had explored the forest so much she was confident she knew every inch of it. She couldn't have been more wrong. She thought too her self that this area of the forest was so familiar, she could probably get away with walking slightly off trail. After about fifteen minutes she settled down on tree that had snapped near a small pond. She snapped a photo of the way the sun reflected on the pond.

She completed her homework which took a total of an hour, and began to pack up and head home. She set her feet down after climbing from the slight incline of the broken tree, and felt the ground give way under her. She heard a sound similar to a lever being pulled, and fell hard.

------------------------------------------------------Hello Wattpad! This is the first chapter of the first story I've written and I'm glad I was finally able to put it up XD. I hope you like It so far and constructive criticism is greatly encouraged!!