October 8, 2014, Star City

Legends of Tomorrow Season 3

T . T

---

The team was sleeping peacefully in their quarters when a time alert blared through the Waverider.

Everyone yelled in surprise.

"Sorry, but this anachronism appears to have a large effect on the timeline," Gideon apologized. "And this team,"

The last part made everyone leap up and sprint to the bridge in their pajamas. They all got to the bridge around the same time.

"Gideon?" Sara asked, taking charge. "What's the alert?"

"Anachronism in 2014," Gideon began.

"That's four years ago," Ray said. "We've never had an anachronism that close to the present,"

"What's the level?" Sara asked and the number 10 popped up on their screens. "That's not good,"

"The timeline is cementing fast," Gideon continued. "The anachronism direction affects this team and your past decisions, victories, and losses,"

"We have to get there, now," Nate said. "Whatever the anachronism is, Gideon can fill us in when we get there," Sara nodded.

They all rushed to their chairs and Sara pushed the lever forward, sending the ship and team to 2014.

"What's the exact date?" Jax asked. "That's pretty important if you ask me,"

"October 8, 2014..." Zari answered, looking at a nearby screen. 

"Wait, what?" Sara's voice cracked. 

"Star City," Amaya finished and Sara gasped so hard she choked, sending her into fits of coughs and gags. "Sara, are you okay?"

Sara clutched her head. "Motherf... no, not really. I--I'm gonna quarterback for this mission, and if I can, I'll get Ava here to help. You all will be on the ground,"

"All of us?" Martin frowned. "Is that smart?"

Sara's head was too filled with stress and nervousness to respond, so she just said, "Gideon, what's the effect on the team?"

"The effect is directed at you," Gideon answered and Sara took a shaky breath. "If the timeline does not continue the way it's supposed to, you are never invited to become a Legend by Rip Hunter. You never become captain, you never defeat Vandal Savage, you never defeat Eobard Thawne, and you never meet Ava Sharpe,"

Sara silently thanked Gideon for not mentioning how the timeline is supposed to continue. "Right... uh, guys, go get ready. Your regular day clothes should do, there's no need for the fabricator,"

Everyone but Ray nodded and left. "Sara,"

"Yes?" Sara said quietly, looking out the front window at Star City.

"Are you sure I should go?" He asked. "I mean, 2014-me is here in Star City. We might run into each other,"

Sara sighed. "Yeah, you're right. You can stay here,"

Ray nodded. "And Laurel told me,"

Sara stood up and frowned. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, in 2014 and 2015, I became a member of Team Arrow," Ray explained. "I met Laurel and Oliver and Felicity and Diggle and Thea. They told me what happened with you in this city, in this year, in this month, on this day,"

Sara's tough face didn't fall. "Oh. Can you do me a favor then?"

"Sure, yeah, anything,"

"Don't mention it to the team," Sara said. "The chances of them finding out are pretty large because... well, the timeline affects me,"