1 | Arriving |

Suddenly, in a panic, gasping for air, I wake to a loud beep sound. Lights flash as I move upwards in some type of boxed cage. As I start to calm down a bit I look around the box which is filled with supplies...

Confused about what is happening, I realise that the speed isn't slowing as I notice the top of some sort of tunnel. My nerves quickly turn to panic again but, everything came to a sudden stop!

What sounds like voices appear and I am quickly blinded by the bright sun, looking up my vision blurs but I can make out about 20 figures all looking down at me. Scared I jump back, one boy jumps down and says, "day one greenie..."

I thought to myself "what's a greenie?" but before I could manage to process it he took a strong grip of my arm and pulled me out...

I made my way through the crowd of boys I stand for a moment, taking in my surroundings a beautiful green blanket of grass stretched across this woodland place. I saw many huts which varied in size, a farmyard area, other different buildings and then a small forest just in the distances to my left. But what really cause my eye was the 4 enormous walls which closed in this stunning little place. With panic I look back around seeing all the boys staring at me...

I say nervously, "where am I, what is this place and why are there large walls?" They stare at you in astonishment. I wait for a response as I see a boy maybe 18 or 19, about 5'9 and dark skinned walk out of the crowd and over to me.

I froze in fear, he said in a gentle and calming voice, "I'm Alby, welcome to the glade." I thought to myself "the glade?" But I'm thought where interrupted by his voice again. "The glade is what we call out home here, and we have tule which you must follow... but we will get onto that later." Alby continued with, "but just never go beyond those walls it is a very important rule." He walk away over to another boy and spoke to him.

I thought "never go beyond the walls?! But that means I'm trapped here!!" trying not to stress I thought "maybe it's dangerous and this is a place where I can stay safe from it all." But before I knew it my mind went blank when I saw the most striking boy of them all!

He had short fluffy dirty blonde hair, he looked around 17 just a year old than myself, maybe around 5'10 or 5'11, he was quite slim but have muscle you could see through the sleeves of his shirt... He had dark brown eyes which sparkled in the sun light I felt my self turn red when I looked at him. Suddenly he was approaching me I was at a lose for words and didn't know what to do.

"Hey" he said in such a soft voice, I felt myself starting to melt. I said in a whacky voice, "um... hi" I smiled briefly after, he smiled back at me, we locked eyes for a moment his dark brown eyes stared into my light blue eyes. He began speaking again, "my name is newt, and yours might be..." I went to reply, "I'm-" I thought "what is my name?!" Panic took over me and I didn't know what to do! I was so freaked out I screamed, "I can't remember my name!"