Bound By Paper Chains.

╭⋟────────────────────────╮

As soon as I signed that paper, I knew I had sealed something that I couldn't get back.

My father looked away from me, patting my shoulder as if I had done the right thing listening to him, but if I had, why was he so distraught?

Kaiba, on the other hand, just smirked and tried to take the contract back, but before he could, I grabbed it and began reading the details of this merger. What had I just signed off to?

As I skimmed the contract looking for the terms, I came across the one thing I had not truly consented to. Written among the terms was my intolerable future.

'If both parties agree to this Merger and Acquisitions contract, Chiara Fuyu and Seto Kaiba will also be consenting to marriage to truly unite both companies as agreed to in front of an honorable judge of law...'

"What the hell is this?!" I slammed the paper back down and looked at my father, who still could not look me in my face. "You made me consent to marrying Kaiba? How could you! I'm not even old enough to marry yet!"

Before my father could speak, Kaiba stood up, sliding the papers in his direction.

"We both know for the moment you are underage, which is why your father signed as well, consenting to these terms. We won't be getting married until you have turned 19 and have been that age for at least half a year."

I looked at Kaiba, turning my body towards him and glaring daggers. There was no way Kaiba wanted to do this either, so why was he being so smug about it?

"And you? Why are you even agreeing to this? Everyone knows you Kaiba, this type of thing would never benefit you!"

I thought I had made a good point to him, getting him to see my side, but all he did was chuckle to himself and look at me with his usual entitled look.

"Ms. Fuyu. Who do you think agreed to this contract in the first place?"

✦✧✦✧

I stood frozen as he pulled out a pen and wrote his signature under mine. This had been his plan all along? Why? All of these questions ran through my head when my father touched my shoulder and turned me towards him.

"This is the smartest move. I promise you it isn't as bad as it seems."

"How? How could this possibly not look bad? You signed me away for your business! How could you!?"

Before I could say anymore, my hand was grabbed and I was slightly pulled away from my father. I looked backup to Kaiba and watched as he gracefully got on one knee, looking back up to me with the most intimidating glare, all signs of smug on his face were gone. This was serious.

"Ms. Chiara Fuyu. To unite our corporations and continue to keep and nurture our partnership, I will be your husband, and you my spouse. For the future of Kaiba and Fuyu Corp."

The whole proposal was laced with sinister tones, and I couldn't help but shrug my hand away. How was I supposed to do this? Why was I expected to do this? Before I could deny my fate and try to rip the contract, my father stopped me once more and told me something that I could not ignore.

"Chiara. I never want to put you in this position, but if we can't do this, Fuyu Corp will lose all credibility and we will become bankrupt. All of the foundations you created for animal and child welfare will get foreclosed. Just say 'Yes.'"

My father allowed me to open up donating services in the name of Fuyu Corp, and so far, they had helped many people get back on their feet. So many animals found treatment and better homes... so many children were cared for. Why was everything falling apart so quickly? Why were my dreams being threatened?