Searing Tears

╭⋟────────────────────────╮

"Dinner will be ready in a few minutes. You should change into something more comfortable.You also have your own bathroom through your closet over there. Don't take too long."

As I made my way to the bathroom, I had stopped to take in the closet leading to it. The clothes were nice, but they weren't mine. In fact, none of my original clothes could be seen among the new replacements. Not that they weren't nice, but it was very rude to me that my clothes were nowhere to be found. I would have to ask Kaiba about this later.

Upon entering the bathroom, I felt as if I was transported into a more futuristic dimension, because everything was so advanced. The bathroom was a fluorescent white with hints of blue in certain areas, and the shower was surrounded by a glass frame, completely clean and had a mirror on the wall next to it. The bathtub looked just as cool, and I found myself drooling over the design. My fangirling only amplified when I heard an automated voice come from the mirror in front of the sink. The bathroom had a damn AI, too?!

"Good evening, Ms. Fuyu! I will be your helpful AI unit from now on! I am named SUNNY, created especially for you by Seto Kaiba, and can be used anywhere in your room, and even on your phone once you download me!"

I was honestly impressed, and also a bit flattered that Kaiba developed a system for me. All of my hate for him took a hiatus as I just stood and admired his efforts because this has to be the first time someone had put so much effort into a gift for me.

"Ms. Fuyu, I have been instructed to start your shower as soon as possible! The temperature of the water is a comfortable 90 degrees, and I have some of your favorite songs cued for the duration of your shower. Kaiba has also instructed me on your outfit for tonight, so no worries!"

Of course Kaiba had picked my clothes as well. A control freak at heart I suppose. Everything else was wonderful! The automated shower system, heat control, it was all very nice of him.

That shower had to be the most comfortable thing I experienced today, and even though everything was accommodating to my comfort, I still couldn't help but feel sadness, disgust, and anger at my father for leaving me. Did I even matter to him? This was all like some stupid dramatic stereotype, being sold off to some rich cute guy to be married...

... wait, did I just admit Kaiba was cute?

Ugh. All of this is already getting to me... How do I get out of this mess?

I got out of the shower and went to the sink, I just looked so tired. So done with everything. From now on, I would be alone here with this utter sociopath, and I no longer knew what to do, let alone think.

"Ms. Fuyu. I sense high stress levels in your heart rate. Do you need assistance?"

This AI is really something. Stress sensors? Kaiba went all out.

"Nothing is wrong, Sunny. Just a bit unnerved. I need some rest."

"Oh! I am sorry to hear that, Ms. Fuyu. Let us get you dressed and fed so you can sleep."

Before I could walk to the closet, I watched as the hangers began to shift and move on each side, silently sifting through the clothes, then pushing out one of the hangers, revealing a nice pajama gown, fit with a cover-up and matching slippers.

"Kaiba is literally the definition of too much money, and too much time."

After getting dressed, I went downstairs, slowly making my way to the dining area, and almost being scared to death by one of the staff of the house.