Confused Emotions

╭⋟────────────────────────╮

"I hope that we will be able to talk during this outing, as well."

Instead of an answer, he closed the door gently and went to the driver's side to start the car.

"We'll have all the time to talk. Since you are so adamant in talking about things you already know."

If I could just smack him right now... If only...

✦✧✦✧

"This car is really nice, Kaiba."

I tried to make small talk to the best of my ability, because along the way, we had stopped talking to each other. Kaiba was a man of few words, and all the words when he didn't need to talk. It was like a special ability that only he had.

"Of course it is. I would only settle for the best."

...

Then it was quiet. I mean, come on. He can't even put in more effort for conversation? Unbelievable. Here I was, trying hard to get on his good side, but it seems like he didn't care at all. I noticed Kaiba turn his head slightly towards me, but I decided to ignore it. He turned back to the wheel and slightly tapped the wheel, clearing his throat.

"But... if you think it's nice, then you can drive it, if you want."

I looked over to him in surprise. That has to be the nicest thing he has said to me... well, ever! He didn't look over to me, but I smiled a little to myself and leaned back in my seat.

"You don't have to do that. Thanks for the offer, though."

It went quiet again, but it was more comfortable than before. We ended up getting to the place just in time for our reservation, and were seated in this beautiful section on a balcony overlooking Domino City. The sun was still high, reflecting light off the top of buildings, and I couldn't help but ask myself when Seto made the reservations for this place.

"Kaiba, this place is really nice. Do you usually come here?"

Seto looked from the view back to me, the sun causing his hair to glisten and his eyes to shine the deepest blue I had ever seen. This guy was the head of a very successful corporation, has a brother who loves him... anything he could ever need. Which is why I couldn't stop the question before it rolled off of my tongue.

"Why me, Kaiba?"

His eyes narrowed the slightest bit before he lifted his glass of water.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you have everything that anyone could want. You're handsome, you run a successful corporation, and no matter how terrible you can be sometimes..."

I saw him scowl when I said that... funny.

"... You are still a kind person when you want to be. So, why choose me when any girl would be happy to marry you?"

I guess I said too much, because for a long while, Kaiba didn't answer. We had ordered our food and sat there, alternating between looking over the balcony, and making awkward eye contact with each other. As the sun began to set even lower, Kaiba finally spoke up.

"Why not you?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

I was once again looking straight into his eyes, wondering how he had been so blessed with that steely yet honest gaze.

"I could have anyone, sure. It is almost guaranteed anyone would be grateful to take your place."

I let the slightest pout reach my face as he talked about how grateful any woman would be to marry him, and I guess he could tell he was beginning to test me, because he redirected back to the issue at hand.