part 1

Goth and Palette went to the park, carrying the rest of the strawberries with them. They started chatting while swinging on the swings, eating the strawberries. 

Then there were explosions. The explosion seemed close by the sound of it.

They scrambled up and ran, forgetting about the strawberries. They ran nearby the road they followed to get back to Palette's house and there was a large car accident. 

Stumbling out was someone with bright red wings, they were using them for protection against anything while a police officer led them to the side of the road and had the kids wait until an available officer could take them home.

They sat down on the curb and stayed there, observing.

Someone must have died because a soul taker, someone who takes souls to the after life, arrived at the scene. Goth not Palette could tell who it was because their hood was up and their back was facing them.

The winged person stumbled towards the kids with an officer. They sat down.

"Are you okay?" Goth asked.

"I'm fine, thank you." She replied.

"Are you seriously injured? Do you need healing?" Palette asked her.

"No, no, I'm fine. Uninjured." She chuckled, turning to him. "What's your name?"

"My name is Palette! What's yours?"

"My name is Geno." She said.

"That's my friend's name!" He looked around for Goth. "Where did she go?"

"Um, I saw someone running towards the soul taker." She said. 

Palette looked and saw Goth next to the soul taker, who ended up to be Reaper, chatting. She pointed towards the two and ran to them.

They chatted for a bit before Geno left. Reaper took them home.