Part 5

About five more years later, Pastel, Palette and Goth's kid, was running around. Palette was chasing her while Goth was sitting on the couch.

When Pallete did eventually catch Pastel, Goth burst into a coughing fit. She has not been doing well, scoffing and puking a lot.

She has been going to multiple appointments and, after a few tests, she turned out to have a collapsing 'lung'.

She got hospitalized to hopefully make it better.

(I do not know anything about stuff like this, so, this all may be logically and medically wrong. Sorry.)

A few months later, she passed away, leaving Geno, Reaper, Palette, and even Pastel, heartbroken.

"Daddy?"

"Yeah?" Palette answered Pastel.

"Is mommy going to come back like Grandma Geno?"

Palette started to tear up. "I don't know, dear. I don't know." He hugged her.

On Pastel's first day of school, unlike Goth, she was excited. Palette hugged her, gave her the "be good" speech before the day started.

When Palette got back, Pastel was holding a piece of paper with what appeared to be a flower.

"Look Daddy! I drew a flower!" She said excitedly.

"It looks wonderful!" Palette said. It was a pretty good drawing for a kindergartener.

"Mrs. A is really nice!"

"Awesome! Is she your teacher?"

"Yup!"

Stuff like this happened for quite a while. Until, "Daddy! Guess what?"

"What?" Palette laughed.

"Mrs. A died!"

"Oh." What startled him was that Pastel said it in a cheery tone. "When?"

"A few years ago, but she came back to life!"

Pallete was confused. "Can I speak to her?"

"Yeah." She ran to her classroom with Palette following her.

"Mrs. A! Mrs. A! Daddy wants to talk to you!"

"Oh, Pastel. Okay." She got up from her desk and went to Palette. She was wearing jeans and a tie dyed shirt. "Hello. I'm Mrs. A. Pastel said you needed to talk to me?" Her eyes were pitch black, no eye lights, which confused Palette.

"Yes." He talked to her about what Pastel told him.

"Oh, yes. I did die. What happens is that the higher ups, whoever they are, will decide whether you go to the afterlife or go back to earth. Most will go back to earth, not remembering anything from their 'past lives'. A few will only remember a few snippets of their past life in their dreams, forgetting in the morning when they wake up."

Palette looked down at Pastel, who was playing with a few dolls that the classroom had.

"However," Mrs. A continued, "a select few remember their past lives like they never died. I was one of them, along with my mother."

She looked up at him, a single eye light in her left eye. "And I remember you, and Pastel, Palette."