Chapter 5

Emma suddenly woke up with the persistent knocking of the door.

She patted her hair down before opening the wooden fixture and trying to pull a smile together.

The curly headed boy stood at the door with wine, a picknick basket and a huge grin on his face.

“Arent you excited to see me?” he chuckled, walking into her dorm.

“Cant you tell?” she groaned, walking in behind him, watching as he set the blanket down.

“You see, when you said you were studying, I had two choices. A) to accept the fact that you were blowing me off or B) Come and save you from oversized text books.

And here I am” he winked.

She sat cross legged on the floor.

He laid his head on her lap, fixating his eyes on the drunken texture of the ceiling.

“So you actually study…maybe that’s why you don’t like fun” he chuckled.

“I do not hate fun” she whined.

“I never said that”

She rolled her eyes.

“Alright what else do you do besides visit the shop and stay in here and study?”

“I work” she answered “at MonMouth coffee”

“oh you’re right, that is the epitome of entertainment”

Silence.

He stood up, reaching over for the wine bottle and the two plastic cups.

“to Monmouth coffee shop” he smiled, handing her a cup.

“to fun” she winked, clashing her cup into his.

A small red drop flew from the protective casing of the cups and into the old white carpet, causing a deep red stain.

“whoops” he mumbled.

Her finger wiped it off and she brought the cup to her lips, taking a long sip “to fun” she whispered.

Soon enough they were by their third cup, helping Emma’s careful side cocoon away.

“okay my turn,” he chuckled “ why do you come to the Record Shop so much?”

“Because, I love records”

“And I love mashed potatoes” he nudged.

“fair enough” she laughed, head titling to the side, caving into Harry’s broad shoulder.

“You never showed me your Record Player..” he reminded, noticing her head and not daring to move.

“I know…You’ll see it tomorrow” she yawned, leaving a small smile on her face.

Her head moved, nose rubbing on the fabric of his shirt.

“So there’s going to be a tomorrow? He raised his eyebrow, turning sideways to tangle their bodies together.

“Maybe, if we don’t die over night” she replied, eyes closed.

“fair enough” he yawned back, wrapping an arm around her and losing grip of conciousness.