chapter 6: Knowing her better

I was sitting in my room and listening to music on my phone when my eyes fell on my balcony. Today for a change I had not drawn the curtains of the window and the balcony. The light of the room in the house nearby was on and guess whose room it was. I stood up from my bed and went towards the balcony opening the doors to get out in the open air. I went out and called out to her thanking god that her balcony was open. She came out in her pajamas and a tshirt with a jacket on it and a messy bun on her head. She had no slippers on so I guess she was all ready to sleep. "Hi." she said waving a hand towards me. "Hi." I replied smiling at here. "What are you doing?" I asked her and she gave me a smile, "Going for shopping I guess." she said then pointing towards her clothes. I smiled "Stupid question?" I asked to which she nodded.

She then looked up at the sky and smiled. It was weird cause I didn't get what she was doing until it struck me. I waited for her to look at me and when she did she asked, "So why did you call me out?" And then I remembered and I had no idea why I called her. I shrugged my shoulder to which she smiled, "That tells me you called me because you were bored." she said pointing towards me. I just nodded and she said, "Fine, now why were you bored." I didn't have an answer for that one either. "Ok no answer again." I said raising my eyebrows and then looking all around but at her. "Ok then, good night." she said and was about to leave when I said, "Hey wait, are you really sleepy." she turned around to look at me and answered, "Not really. Why?" I smiled. "No simply. I just was bored for no reason and had no body to talk to. So, can you stay for a while and talk to me?" She waved her hands telling me a bye and then said, "Meet you down." and then went inside. A smile flashed on my face and I nodded to myself.

I grabbed my phone from the bed and went to one of the drawer to search for the house keys. Once I found them I put on my sneakers and grabbed my jacket from the couch and ran down the stairs then remembering that I hadn't told Naira about going out. I ran up again and went straight to Naira's room. Naira and me help each other if we go out late at night so that the other could handle our parents if they come to know about it. It's quite useful.

I was about to knock on the door when I realised that she might be sleeping so I just peeped in to find her sitting on her bed with blankets up talking to some one on the phone. I went to her and called out her name in a whisper so that the person she was talking to wouldn't hear me. "Naira listen up." She looked at me and rolled her eyes and then mouthed 'later' but I kept irritating her. She sent me a glare but I ignored. "Naira can you listen for a minute?” I asked again but she never paid attention. I got angry and snatched the phone from her hand, "Listen who ever you are wait for a minute I need to talk to my sisiter." I said placing it on my ear. "Hey Melvin, it's Sid here." Sid said from the other side and a smirk made it's way on my face as I replied, "Ok so now I know why my sis wasn't listening to me. What did you do to her dude and that to over the phone that she's blushing like a cranberry? Don't tell me you guys did that." and then Naira snatched her phone from my hand and gave me another of here useless glare.

"What is it?" she asked trying to sound angry but still blushing. "Nothing much, I just came to tell you that I'm going to Dagny's house." Her eyes widened in surprise and she spoke in the phone, "Call you back in a while." and then cut the call. "Why are you going there at twelve in the night? You know Dagny will be sleeping." to which I replied, "Chill she isn't." She raised an eyebrow at my reply and then I said, "She told me to come down." She smiled which looked more like a smirk and said, "OK, go and next time onwards don't irritate when I talk to anyone on the phone." she said pointing towards me. "Thanks." I said and then walked out of the room but peeped back through the door, "Hey, tell Sid I'm sorry for spoiling your little make out session on the phone." she picked up a pillow from her side and threw it at me, but at the correct time I closed the door and once again ran down the stairs.