chapter 1:I just met her

Hey guys,  

my first book, so be patient, while i'm not :)

Ok so, coming to the point, I'm not a good writer, and please ignore mistakes. this story, for a change, will be in the guys POV and not the gals POV.  

hoping you like it.:)

____________________________________________________

"Naira, Naira, where the hell are you. Sis don't come out in 2 seconds and see what I do." I shouted on top of my lungs. "Honey, shes not at home shes gone to the new neighbours house to meet their daughter. She'll be back in an hour or so." my mom shouted from her room. Well this is where I get my habit of shouting from. Sorry, correction Naira and I get these habits from. Well, Naira is my elder sister, to be perfect she's 3 years older to me, but we are like more of friends than siblings. She is a friend I could ask for. I am seventeen and she has been my friend all along. I can share everything with her, be it secrets or my crushes, the mischiefs I have done or the feeling I have. We know each other so well that we can tell what the other feels without any mistake. We are more like twins, but from heart. I went back to my room to have a bath. It was winter so Christmas holidays were going on, which meant I got up late, had breakfast late, had a late bath and did everything late. You may think I am a lazy goose now, ya think what you want to, anything that lets you sleep at night. I had a quick bath and wrapped a towel around my hip coming out of the bathroom. I went to the walk in closet to pick out some comfy clothes; I did have a lot of clothes, all thanks to my dad who was a businessman and we regularly had to attend some or the other party or meeting and so on.

I took out a worn out jeans and a full sleeved t-shirt which was dark blue in color to put on. I crumpled the sleeves of the t-shirt on my elbow and messed up my hair. I took a last glance of myself in the mirror and took my mobile from the dressing table.

“Hey bro! wassup.” My sister asked as she entered my room. “Nothing sis, what are you doing here, I mean in my room?” Naira rolled her eyes, “From when is it yours and mine?” she asked. Point, as I told you, we share everything, at time even our room. “Never mind, I just came to show her our house.” She continued pointing towards a girl. “Well, meet Dagny, she is our new neighbor and Dagny meet Melvin, my younger brother.” She said introducing us. I put my hand forward for and hand shake which she gladly accepted. A smile came up on her face and her black eyes showed a hint of relief. And then it struck me, “Naira, why the hell did you check my messages?” Naira stood smiling at me with a ‘do I need to know something’ look. See, told ya, we knew each other too well. And then she started running pulling Dagnys’ hand shouting, “Sorry Melvin, but curiosity kills.” And then she ran into her room shutting it with a loud thump. My phone started ringing to the tunes of ‘Drown’ by ‘Bring me the horizon’ I put my hands inside the pocket and took out my iPhone to attend the call, “Hey bro, where have you been waitin down for you, come on.” Said Preen, my friend. “Be there in a second Preen.” I said heading towards the stairs.

“Mom, I’m going out with the gang.” I shouted as I left for the front door. “Bro wait,” Naira shouted from behind as I was about to open the door. I turned, “Yes Naira.” I asked, “Can you drop us at the supermarket, we need chocolates?” I nodded. “Let’s go.” Naira said as she pulled Dagny. Dagny mouthed ‘thank you’ walking past me and I nodded.

We drove to the market and I left them there as they said they would walk back. I was singing the song which was going on the radio. I am not a good singer but I love singing. I also learnt guitar cause I was crazy behind it. At times I still play it and sing. So I finally reached the bowling center and met all my friends there. All the eight of us played some games of bowling and then finally sat on one of the couches to talk. “So,” Preen stared talking, “long time since we went for a movie so why not go for one?” all of us nodded, “So, which one?” Thomas asked. And then we had a fight on the movie we gonna watch, and finally settled on watching or re-watching ‘Avengers.’ We all went to Thomas’s house and watched the movie. ######################

I reached home and entered into Naira’s room to tell her that mom was calling her for dinner only to find her room empty. I searched in the guest room, library, dad’s half time office but she was nowhere to be seen. Finally, I thought to look for her in the garden and there she was sitting with…. Well I couldn’t see the persons face clearly so I moved towards them and there I saw Dagny. Her legs were stretched on the grass and her hands were resting behind her, she was wearing a black tank top with a white jacked over it and a light blue jeans. Her hear were in a loose ponytail with some bangs of hair hanging on her forehead. I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts when Naira called out my name, “Ummm… yup.” I asked thinking if Dagny had noticed me staring at her, naa I don’t think so. “Come on here, why are you standing there, we are discussing about her old friends and school and stuffs, join us.” I went and sat next to them on the grass. “Well Naira not us just her.” I said pointing to Dagny. “Why?” Naira asked as she cocked an eyebrow. “Cause moms’ calling you.” I said. “Ok.” She said getting up and patting her dress to get rid of the grass sitting on it. “I’ll be right back, stay here both of you.” And then retreated. I turned to face Dagny only to find her staring at the sky and smiling. “So, Dagny tell me more about you.” I asked she looked at me and then folded her legs to sit straight. “So, to start with I’m Dagny, my birthday is on 13th of Feb. I was born in this fantabulous world in the year 1999. I’m in class 10. I hate math like hell, love English to the core. My favorite color is ummm… purple. I like reading anything except school books, doing crazy stuff, listening to music, hanging out with friends and singing.” Well that caught my attention, she likes singing, we could surely be good friends.

“Your chance.” She said. “Ok, so I’m Melvin. I was born on 23rd November 1998. I’m in eleventh. I hate social and math and love English. So we are same here. My favorite color is, I like all colors, as simple as that. I enjoy riding bike, hanging with friends same again, listening to music same yet again,” she smiled and nodded her head. “reading, same once more and singing…” “same all over again.” She completed for me. I smiled at her and she smiled back at me and started looking at the sky again. “What are you looking at?” I asked, she looked at me and then pointed to the sky, “Those little diamonds. They always stun me. They are always so beautiful, always bright no matter what. I sometimes wonder what these things try to tell me. I have always wanted to touch them. If what people say is right then, my mom is there, saying that she loves me from there. Telling me that she will always guide me, no matter where I am. She left us 4 years back, but I know she never did actually leave. She always waits for me to meet her, I say hi to her every day and she smiles at me. I know that I will meet her someday. I love you mom.” She turned to me and smiled but there were tears evident in her eyes. She got up and gave me a hand to stand up. I caught them and pulled myself up. “Good night, Melvin.” She said and went, but I stood there looking at her retreating figure. How did she just tell me such a heart breaking thing with so much ease?

“Hey bro, guess I’m back but where’s Dagny?” I pointed to her house and Naira nodded.

################

I freshened up and was sitting on my bed, thinking of Dagny.

“Good night, Dagny.” I replied to no one in particular and then switched off the lamps.

________________________  

So, this was the first chapter.I know not so nice, but still let me know your thoughts.

see ya soon.;)

Love