"Hypervigilant."

Chapter One

Chapter One

Dakota was shoving her converse over her heel when Stiles opened the door of her bedroom.

"Hey." He raised his brows, "You okay there?"

Dakota was hopping on one foot, right foot currently being stuffed into her shoes, "I'm peachy."

Stiles crosses his arms as he leans against the threshold, an amused look on his face. "You know it would be alot easier if you uh, loosened the strings, babe."

Dakota glares at him, "Shut up." She pouts as she drops to the floor and begins to loosen her laces, "How are you feeling?"

He tenses, "Fine. Better."

Dakota raises a brow, "Somehow I'm not convinced."

Stiles exhales, "I'm okay, Dakota. No need to worry about me."

She manages to get her shoe over her foot and quickly ties it before standing up and grabbing her bag, she pulls the strap over her shoulder and walks over to her honey brown eyed boyfriend, "Okay, I'm done prying," She wraps her arms around his neck as he pulls her by her waist, "Just... I'm here if you need me, okay?" Stiles nods before leaning in and pressing his lips against hers, she opens her mouth and allows his tongue to pass her lips and let's out a groan as he explores the inside of her mouth.

"Stop making out and get your asses to school." Noah addresses them from nearby, Dakota jumps back from Stiles with a flush covering her skin.

"Sorry, Noah." She squeaks before she and Stiles are making their way down the hall.

"See ya, pops!" Stiles exclaims as they run down the stairs hand in hand making their way out the front door and towards Stiles' jeep. They both climb into the vehicle and Stiles starts up the car as Dakota pulls on her seatbelt after he does the same. Pretty soon he's pulling out of the driveway and making his way throughout the neighborhood.

It doesn't take long for them to get to the school, Dakota gives Stiles a peck on the lips before she's going off to find her strawberry blonde best friend, she finds Lydia's car and knocks on her window when she sees the girl applying lip-gloss in her sunshield mirror. Lydia pauses and waves at her with a smile before grabbing her bag and climbing out of the car.

"Hey, Kota." Lydia smiles

"Hi, Lyds. How's your morning going?" She asked the emerald eyed girl as they walked onto the school campus together.

"Well, besides dodging texts and calls from Aiden, not much." She sighs in frustration.

"He likes you, can't blame him for wanting to know if you feel the same." Dakota shrugs

"I just... I can't stop thinking about Boyd and what he did, you know? How could I be with someone who helped kill someone as good as Boyd?" Lydia asked with a deep frown as they walked into the hallway bustling with students.