p a r c h e d

It had been a whole fortnight since the last full moon, before Theodore Nott stepped through the fireplace of Draco Malfoy's lonesome, rundown living room.

He'd found the blond haired boy curled up by the dusted window, cradling a cup of tea between his cut palms, his forehead resting against the glass as he stared out through tired eyes into the autumn wilderness.

After the War had ended, Theo had been trialled alongside every other death eater who was deemed worthy of a second chance at life. He'd stood in front of the whole Ministry, sweat beading down the back of his neck as he begged for a life free from the depths of Azkaban.

It was lucky for him that he'd somewhat befriended Hermione Granger in the later years of Hogwarts.

Theo had kept himself out of the dorms whenever Draco would be on the verge of a mental breakdown, knowing he hated people seeing him look weak, and so hid himself away in the library. And that was when the arguable acquaintance began.

They didn't talk much, but when they did Theo would find himself drifting away from the worries of the impending war as the two talked much about nothing.

She was the main person who stood trial for him, as well as on Draco Malfoy's behalf, and for that he'd be forever indebted to her.

Once Theo had ensured Draco was safe at the cottage after the War was declared as won, he had apparated back to the castle before anyone could report him as missing. He knew it would make his sentencing worse if he was to be found guilty, but he also knew that he had to save Draco.

A death eater werewolf was almost certain to be committed, and after everything they'd been through together, the big-hearted Slytherin couldn't let his friend go that easily if he had anything to do with it.

And so once he'd returned to the castle, the Gryffindor princess had scouted him out immediately, asking desperately for Draco's whereabouts and well-being with a shrill urgency of fear to her voice.

Theo had explained the situation in handcuffs after she'd informed him of the attack she'd witnessed from Greyback, and from then on an alliance began to keep Draco Malfoy from harms away.

A secret companionship.

And so that was how Theodore Nott landed his position as Care of Magical Beings Associate to none other than Hermiome Granger herself, the reformed death eater and brightest witch of her age working together under the Ministry of Magic to provide care to half-specied wizards ...

To provide care to Draco Malfoy.

After they'd vouched his innocence, Hermione Granger had got to work on providing evidence and reasoning as to why Draco Malfoy should be left alone under the care and supervision of Theodore Nott in his family cottage.

The poor boy had been through enough, she'd vouched. He wasn't doing any harm and the pair of them would keep an eye on his case file and well being, with Hermione quietly working behind the scenes to ensure Theo was providing him with sufficient potions and medical attention.

Though she'd wanted to physically help, Theo had warned her multiple times of the implications it could cause for him and the wolf bisect, instead researching as much as she could and sharing he information with her colleague.

The Malfoy's had suffered enough, she'd concluded.

Lucius was eternally imprisoned in Azkaban, and Narcissa was living under constant supervision, practically a prisoner in her own home. Even though the mother had saved Harry Potter from death.

The least Hermione could do was look after her son.

"Heyyy buddy, how've you been holding up?" Theo dragged out his greeting, smiling sheepishly as he stepped out into the living room, his feet scuffing against the torn rug as he did so.