Chapter 13

Luna's POV

     I stopped with the others far behind me, unsure whether they should follow, Inuyasha no doubt wanting me to rethink and help them get the jewel shards. I sighed. The faster I got the jewel together the faster I could just give it to Inuyasha and then go home and neither he nor I would be able to travel between our worlds. I turned and I seen Inuyasha stiffen, waiting for another sit command. 

     "I've decided to help you guys find the jewel shards as normal under one condition." I said and Miroku asked what it was. 

     "Once it is complete I don't want Inuyasha to travel between the worlds and I want to be left alone. When it's done I'll hand it to him and after I will go home and then I don't want anything to do with this time ever again." I said. 

                                                                           Inuyasha's POV

    After she said her condition for helping us I felt my chest hurt in the way it does when I think of Kikyo leaving me. 

    "What do you mean?" I asked her. 

     "Once I give you the jewel I won't have the ability to travel through the well but you still will. I want you to promise me you'll leave me alone once the jewel is complete and I go home. I'm tired." She said and I knew instantly what she meant by that even though it just sounded like she was tired of searching to everyone else I knew she meant she was tired of the emotional turmoil I've put her through. I nodded, looking away. I didn't want to make this promise but it was the only way she would stay to help us collect the jewel shards...and the only way I'd get more time with her.  We all stayed silent as we found a spot to camp for the night.

                                                                                   Luna's POV

      As we were camping I sat away from the others, too sad to join them entirely. I listened to them talk, Shippo and Inuyasha about to argue when Miroku interrupts and asks Inuyasha if he'll still be the same man he is now once he becomes a full fledged demon. 

     "Of course I will." He said, confident. 

     "Need I remind you that those who seek the jewel have lost themselves." Miroku said.

      "Whoever said I wanted to be a good demon?" Inuyasha asked. 

     "But yet you want to be able to protect Luna, which is why you're currently seeking to get stronger. What if you lose yourself to the jewel and go mad and kill her?" Miroku asked him which kept him silent. I frowned. If he killed me I'd come back to haunt him, especially since that wasn't part of the promise I made him make to keep me around for now. 

    "I will be going home tomorrow for a bit." I called out before turning over and closing my eyes,  falling asleep. 

      The next day we woke and made our way back to the Bone Eaters Well, Inuyasha asking me if I'd be back or if Kagome would be. 

      "I'll be the one coming back, not my sister." I said and sighed in annoyance.

     "Alright, well when do you plan on coming back then?" He asked as we approached the well. 

     "Whenever I damn well please." I said before jumping in and travelling home. 

     'Shit, I forgot something, I gotta go back real quick.' I thought and jumped back in. 

I climbed out of the well and could faintly hear Miroku and Inuyasha talking and decided to listen in. I heard Miroku ask Inuyasha which woman he wanted to be with out of Kikyo and Inuyasha ask if he couldn't just have us both. I felt my heart constrict. If he truly wanted me then he would have no desire to be with Kikyo again. He only wanted me because I was a living breathing version of her. 

     "Sit boy." I said and walked over to grab my bag and went back into the well. I jumped in while giving Inuyasha the finger.