Chapter 8

Inuyasha's POV

       I woke with a start after dreaming of Kikyo pinning me to the tree and looked over at Luna and Shippo, sleeping peacefully near the fire. I sat near Luna and looked down at her. If I thought her sister looked near identical to Kikyo then Luna was Kikyo's spitting image. Even her voice sounded almost identical to Kikyo's. It was like I was travelling with a Kikyo from another time and I suppose in a way I was. 

     Suddenly who woke and before I knew what was happening she had slapped me and I landed on my butt. 

     "Oh, I'm sorry. Did you wanna talk about something?" She asked and yawned and I rubbed my cheek. 

     "You're definitely not Kikyo." I said and she just glared at me as if telling me I was stupid for even thinking she was. 

     "Hey, what's that?" She asked, pointing to a figure in the sky. I smelled grave yard soil and Kaede's blood. I told her what I smelled and we decided to head back to the village. 

                                                                               Luna's POV

     Bsk at the village Kagome was here and she told us what had happened and Kaede led us up to where Kikyo's grave was. When Kaede explained what had been stolen Inuyasha reminded her Kikyo betrayed him and pointed out he could still feel the pain of the arrow in his chest. He left and I sighed. 

     "Kagome, you should go back home. Kaede, I'll convince him to help us get your sisters ashes back." I said and Kagome refused to listen.

     "Fine, you can come on this one excursion. After that you need to go home alright? It isn't safe here for you." I said and she nodded, telling me we had a deal. I walked to where I knew Inuyasha was and demanded he help us. 

    "Don't you feel even a little sorry for her? She's dead and even in death she can't get any peace. Perhaps with your help she can get some semblance of it." I said. He turned away, avoiding eye contact with me. I grabbed his hair and forced him to look at me. 

    "You haven't looked me in the eyes since you woke me up starring at me Inuyasha. Is it because I look like her? I look like Kikyo and it hurts you doesn't it?" I said and grabbed him hand gently. 

     "It isn't like that." He said and leaned in, his eyes holding a far away look. I pushed him away and stood. 

     "Why'd you have to push me away so hard for?" He complained. 

     "It wasn't me you were trying to kiss was it?" I asked him but before he could answer Kaede showed up, holding a bow with a quiver of arrows slung over her shoulder.

     "Which way did the scent go?" She asked and Inuyasha said he would go with her and I watched them walk away, Kagome running up next to me and holding out a bow and quiver of arrows for me.    

     "I'm not a good shot but I know you are. I seen what happened there, I'm sorry." She said and I shook my head. She and I walked behind the old woman and Inuyasha and as we travelled I was sure it wasn't me he tried to kiss but it was Kikyo who he saw when he looked at me. 

      We settled in the woods for the night and I let Kaede have my sleeping bag and I climbed a tree, laying on a wide low hanging branch. 

     "You should get some sleep, we have a big battle tomorrow." Inuyasha said and I frowned.  Just as I was about to call out to him I noticed he was asleep and I thought back to when I found him pinned to the tree. I thought again of when he tried to kiss me and I realized he didn't have any hatred in his eyes.