Part 16

Lips ghost over his neck, and Zayn lets out a content sigh when that familiar body settles on top of his, warm and perfectly muscular and everything he wants right now. Ever, actually.

"Need your clothes off," Liam says urgently, hips grinding down against Zayn's. "Please. Please."

Chuckling, Zayn caresses Liam's cheek, thumb brushing over his stubble. "You're so impatient."

Liam whimpers into his neck and continues to rut against Zayn in abandon, and all Zayn can do is scratch at his back and hold on, really. Liam's lips go back to his neck, and he sucks hard enough to leave a semi-permanent mark. Zayn snakes a hand between them and gropes the bulge in Liam's pants with a sinful grin on his face.

"Zayn," Liam whines. "Zayn, come on, please."

"Please what?"

"Wake up."

Zayn bats his eyes open, confusion ringing inside of him. It takes him a moment to sort out what's reality and what was his dream. "What—?"

Liam rolls on top of him. "I forgot to tell you," he explains.

Zayn rubs at his eyes and tries to think. Liam was supposed to be sleeping in Louis' room for … some reason, he can't remember. Louis needed him for something, moral support or whatever, not that he explained the entire situation because, as usual, Louis is a selective sharer, and Liam had been sworn to secrecy.

"How'd you get in here?" Zany mumbles.

Liam grins down at him. If he wasn't so tired, he'd take advantage of this position. As it is, he's grateful that Liam's holding himself up on his arms and knees, keeping as much of his weight off Zayn as possible. "It's pretty easy to get people to give me whatever I want," Liam explains. "Plus, like I said, I forgot to tell you."

Zayn closes his eyes and smiles fondly. "Forgot to tell me what?" he asks, playing along.

Liam's lips press to his. "That I love you."

Zayn chuckles. "And it couldn't have waited until tomorrow?"

"Couldn't wait another minute, actually."

This time Zayn initiates the kiss, and they stay like that for a while, lazily licking into each other's mouths until Zayn pulls back and yawns. "Sorry," he says quickly afterwards.

Liam shakes his head. "No, I'm sorry." He rolls off Zayn and climbs out of the bed. "Shouldn't have woken you up."

Silently, Zayn pulls back the covers and scoots over, leaving a Liam sized spot on the bed empty. He raises his eyebrows pointedly, and adds, "I don't like sleeping without you."

Grinning, Liam slides in beside him. He reaches over and shuts off the lamp, and tangles his limbs with Zayn's. Just before Zayn drifts back off to sleep, Liam says, "See you in the morning."

And Zayn knows he will. And Liam will stay, even when they're both fully awake and ready to face the day. Even when one of them slips into the shower and the other orders them something to eat. Because Zayn isn't a bad decision Liam made in the dark anymore, and neither of them is all that willing to leave the other in the morning, ever. That's just the way they are.