ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ

the recruits were called in after lewis had made a call saying his team just spotted dhar at a local bar, a couple miles away from the hotel. mitch and aaliyah got out of a car, starting to walk side by side towards the bar. mitch looked down at their hands, noticing how close they were to each other. he knew how committed aaliyah was to blending into society, so he thought of a plan before he finally took her hand into his, causing aaliyah to snap her head towards him.

"just go with it." mitch muttered, as they walked together. mitch wasn't mad at his plan, and aaliyah wasn't either. but it definitely made their tension more awkward yet reliving at the same time. as if they have wanted to do something so simple, such as holding hands, for so long but knew it was wrong to do it.

they walked hand in hand before mitch held the door open for her, as they entered into the bar. rapp immediately spotted shiva, and nudged wilson to let her know that he was close to them. aaliyah started to pull rapp towards a small table, that would give them a clear view of their target but also help them seem like normal tourists. they seated themselves, keeping their hands intertwined. neither one of them were focusing on their hands, as they tried to keep an eye on what their target was doing.

dhar was the bar, ordering himself a drink. he was an intimidating man, for he never smiled. even when saying 'thank you' to the bartender, he kept a serious face. he took the drink in his hands before sipping on the hard liquor, not moving a single muscle in his face as the bitter liquid hit his tastebuds. he looked out the window, admiring his national city.

"target is at the bar, eyes-on stay out of view of the window." aaliyah muttered, leaning her head on her hand and placing a finger on her ear piece.

"copy that." victor reported back. he was standing by the side of the building. he lit a cigarette, seeming as though he had to excuse himself from the bar for a smoke. multiple citizens passed by him, but did not find him suspicious in the slightest. hurley was outside of a store down the street, with annika, the two of them talking to one another about a random topic as they kept their eyes open on the surrounding area for any of shiva's crew that could be making their way towards the bar.

mitch and aaliyah sat at the table, hands still intertwined. aaliyah didn't notice until she felt mitch's thumb gently rub the back of her hand. she looked at their hands on the table, before looking up at mitch to realize he wasn't noticing their actions either. she kept her eyes on him, before mitch finally took his stare off of shiva and he looked into aaliyah's eyes. both of them felt speechless, and suddenly uncomfortable with the way their hands were held together. mitch started to pull his hand away, but aaliyah tightened her grip on his to signal him to keep his hand there. mitch gave a questioning look as aaliyah started to play into mitch's initial plan.

"so, babe. where are we going after this?" she asks him.

he raised his eyebrows, feeling like he just got the wind knocked out of him as aaliyah said the fake pet name for him. he didn't know how to feel about it, but he couldn't focus on it for long, knowing he had to go along with the plan.

"i was thinking we could head back to the house, and just stay in for the evening. does that sound good to you?"

aaliyah's lips pulled into a forced, yet natural, smile. "sounds lovely."

she leaned into the table, getting closer to mitch. he gave in and leaned in as well, playing with her fingers as the two of them looked into each others eyes intimately. mitch felt himself getting distracted by her eyes, and quickly looked away to shiva to give himself a break. but when he looked over, he noticed shiva was on his phone, typing a message in a furious way. mitch brought his finger up to his ear piece, and went back to looking into aaliyah's eyes. "dhar is currently on his phone. he seems to be texting someone."