Ichi

I was awoken to the soothing sound of my brother, Caleb, snoring. Just kidding, it wasn't soothing at all. But I was awake. I decided to get dressed anyway. My family has such high expectations, we all must were fancy stuff every day. I put on a light blue silk shirt on and some light green pants. I looked in the mirror and combed my short black hair. I was about to go to breakfast when I remembered how Mom would freak if Caleb showed up to breakfast, or anything, late again. So, like the nice, nurturing person I am, I kicked him hard in the shins. "Ouch!," yelled Caleb. "What did you do that for?," he asked groggily. "I'm saving you from having your butt kicked by Mom if your late again." I said. "Oh," he said "Thanks,". Caleb quickly pulled on a pale yellow shirt and silver pants. "Wait, don't forget to comb your hair!" I said. Caleb had longer hair then me, the only way you could tell us apart. He quickly ran a comb through his hair quickly. "C' mon," I said. We walked to the dining hall. We passed huge halls with jade columns and red silk carpets. We entered the dining hall. It was a huge room with its walls covered in Oriental tapestries. My mom and dad where sitting at the table. My mom has long ebony black hair and cold, almond shaped eyes. She was wearing a sea green kimono that hung to her thin figure. My dad was wearing a black silk suit. He had neatly combed hair and wire rimmed glasses. He was reading a Japanese newspaper called the Tokyo Times. "Anata wa okurete imasu." My mom said in Japanese without looking at me. You're late, she had said.  "Gomen'nasai" I said. Sorry. "Can we please speak English." Caleb said. He wasn't as good at Japanese as I was. Mom rolled her eyes. My older sister, Clara, sat next to my mom. She had dark hair like my mom and brown eyes like my dad. She was wearing a peach kimono. "Konichi'wa " Caleb said. Hello. As usual, she ignored us. Our relationship with our sister was strained, to say the least. Meaning she hated us because she believes everything my parents say, and to them, we're chopped liver. Our private chef, Komichi, brought out breakfast. As always, we had noodles, rice and fish with Miso soup. We ate in silence. After breakfast, my father put up his newspaper. "Today, your mother and I are going to have a meeting with Mr. Mikkokusha. As always you are forbidden to listen in." He said.