Trip

The next few days Chan was always by Jeongin side. Driving him to work, staying the whole day with him and getting him home safe. Jeongin stopped using his phone because of the creepy messages, but at least the pictures stopped, since he wasn't alone even for a second. He sure looked fresh and good again. Having his normal amount of sleep. Chan was also happy, since he got his cherry on top again. But the reality was different. And Jeongin wasn't his reality. He was his escape from it. And although he loved his time with Jeongin, the reality hit him again.

He was at the coffee shop with Changbin.

"I found the weapon dealer. We have a meeting in three days, considering the drive is two days. Are you sure we are doing this?" Changbin asked.

"We don't have other options. The Don must be taken down soon or he is taking all of us with him and I am not letting this to happen. And we are not alone in this. Most of the men are with us." Chan told him.

"What about Minho? You know damn well he is with him, and as much as you scare me, he scares me more. That damn psycho. I saw what he did to his last victim, still have nightmares from that. You know if we don't pull this up, the Don will give us to him. And I prefer you shooting me then to experience first-hand what that psycho can do." Changbin told him.

"You can still back off. I will not judge you if you do. You know that I am keeping Hyunjin out of it so he could be clean." Chan said.

"You know damn well that I will follow you in hell if I have to, just know that if anything happens, I prefer the bullet." Changbin smiled.

"I will make sure that we will succeed." Chan reassured him.

But if they do succeed that means him becoming the next Don. And the world he was in will be even more dangerous then now. He wouldn't be able to keep his pretty boy. But his men were first. He swore, gave an oath. But he had fallen for this sweet boy as well. A delicate flower who will be crushed by the cruelty of his world. He wanted to be selfish and keep the boy. Lock him in a golden cage.

Chan was staring at Jeongin the whole time. The boy sensed that and looked at Chan with a big smile. Making Chan smile back.

Chan was a cruel man. He wanted to be cruel now and take the boy for himself. Not considering what he wanted. With him being the Don, he would have the power to protect Jeongin. But he knew how all the mafia wives lived. That was a cruel life even for Chan.

"You have to think this carefully." Changbin told him.

"I am thinking." Chan answered.

Both knew they weren't talking about the deal or the Don. Changbin knew Chan very well. He knew that his thoughts were full of Jeongin now and hopped that will not be a problem. Chan was a wise man after all.

---

"Pretty boy, I will be out of town for a few das with Changbin. But I will leave you with Hyunjin so, he could be with you all the time." Chan informed him.

"Where are you going strawberry?" Jeongin asked surprised.

"On a business trip." Chan smiled.

Jeongin hummed in response, while Hyunjin was stunned. Business trip? He didn't know about this. Where and why, they were going? He couldn't ask, not in front of Jeongin. Chan informed them that the boy didn't know in what world they lived. For a soldier, Hyunjin asked a lot of questions, not even Changbin being Capo asked.

But he felt kind of happy to spend some time with the pretty boy. He really liked his company, his bubbly personality. In general, Hyunjin had formed a little crush for the boy. Chan never showed an intimacy with Jeongin, making him think they weren't lovers. So, he was still thinking. The thought repeating in his head like a mantra. Why was Chan keeping him?

"So, do I get to boss Jinnie all I want?" Jeongin asked.

Hyunjin got happy from the name Jeongin gave him. Yeah, he could boss him all he wanted he thinks to himself.

Chan saw Hyunjin's reaction but decided to let it go for now, not putting many thoughts in it.

"As long as when I come back, he is still functioning. But I don't want you to ever leave his side. Promise me." Chan told him.

"Don't worry Strawberry. I will not leave his side. And besides there is nowhere I could go anyway. You know my schedule by now. From morning till night at the coffee and then tired at home. Speaking of work, I'll go get ready." Jeongin said, leaving the room.

"Where are you going?" Hyunjin asked.

"None of your concern." Chan only said.

"Its better for you not to call us until we are gone." Changbin informed him.

"Unless something that you can't handle happens with you or Jeongin. Then you call at the second. And I don't want you to ever leave his side, no matter if he tries to ditch you. Understood?" Chan was serious. Hyunjin could see that. It wasn't like he would hate babysitting Jeongin. He didn't want to show that he actually liked the task so, he only nodded.

"We will come back in a week. Please don't burn the house." Chan warned and left for his "business" trip with Changbin. Leaving Hyunjin alone with Jeongin.