Skipping Beats [BoyxBoy] [Ch. 4]

Chapter four

Ace had slept on the couch, since he did not want to risk meeting Lee by going upstairs. Everything had just become a some-kind-of blur to him ever since the kiss.

Ace was sitting on the couch, drinking tea. It was about eight o'clock in the morning.

"Lee has probably not woken up yet..." Ace said to himself. He started making breakfast in the kitchen, even though he was really tired. He heard steps from the stairs and turned around. Lee was standing there, looking tired. His hair was a mess.

"Mornin'..." he said and yawned. "What're we having for breakfast...?", Lee looked at the sandwiches that Ace had made.

"I guess that you made breakfast for me too, since you don't eat more than half a sandwich.", Ace looked away and blushed.

"N... No, I'll just put these in the fridge..." he heard himself saying. Stupid, that wasn't what you were supposed to say!

"Oh, really? So you won't let me have any?" Lee chuckled. "That's so me-ean."

Ace tried to hit him, but Lee blocked.

"Idiot, don't try to hit people like that. You may end up hurting someone."

"Yeah, that's kind of why I try to hit them."

Lee rolled his eyes and smiled.

"You don't think I know that?", then he looked down, blushing.

"Y'know, I'm... Um... Yesterday, I... I didn't mean to... I mean... You know... I'm...", he blushed even more.

"You're trying to say 'sorry'?" Ace asked, giggling. Lee nodded.

"Yeah..."

Ace smiled.

"Well... I guess that's okay... But I only say that because I'm sick, okay?" he said and grinned at Lee. Lee chuckled.

"Weirdo..." he laughed and patted Ace's head. Ace blushed, not really knowing why. He finished making breakfast and put the plates on the table. He yawned and sat down on the couch. Lee sat down next to him.

"So seriously, what are we having?" Lee asked. Ace looked at the sandwiches, a little worried.

"Umm... Salad and... Cheese... On bread..." he said, a little unsure.

"I think." he added and picked one up. He took a piece, put it in his own mouth and chewed on it.

"Umm... It doesn't taste that much." he said, a little embarrassed. Lee would certainly not like it.

"Hm, really? Let me have a taste." Lee said and took a sandwich and ate some of it.

"Actually, you're right. It doesn't taste anything." Lee laughed. Ace just nodded.

When they had finished, Lee dragged Ace upstairs.

"You still have a fever." he said after putting his forehead against Ace's so that Ace blushed.

"Go to sleep."

Ace glared at him.

"No, thanks." he murmured and looked up in the roof.

"I'll just lay here the whole day." he added and looked outside through the window. It was raining heavily. Lee sighed.

"I'll bring you some green tea or something...," he said. Ace nodded. He was still confused after what had happened the day before.

Oh, I wonder how I'm supposed to get back on him... he thought and closed his eyes. Then he chuckled and smirked. The answer was obvious. If Lee had kissed him, then he just had to kiss Lee. That would be quite mean, though, but Ace thought that Lee deserved it.

When Lee came back, he had a huge cup of tea with him. Ace looked at it with tired eyes.

"I have to drink all of that?" he asked, somewhat insecure. He was convinced that it was impossible.

"Yep, bottom's up." Lee smiled. You and your nice smiles...

Ace started drinking the hot liquid. He drank it all at once and ended up burning his tongue.

"Ow, ow, ow!" he exclaimed. Lee giggled.

"Idiot..." he mumbled to himself as Ace was complaining over his burnt tongue. Ace turned his head up to look at him. Lee smiled at him and Ace blushed a little. He suddenly remembered the revenge he had planned. Tonight... he thought to himself, and then I will get back on him. He smiled at Lee and lied down on the bed. He covered himself with his blanket and yawned.

"Put the tea there, I'll drink if I get thirsty." Lee nodded and put the cup of tea down on a little table next to the bed. "Y'know, 'bout yesterday..." he mumbled. Ace nodded. Don't bring that subject up, you fucking idiot...!, "Yeah, what about it?"

"Um... No, never mind." Lee said and walked out of the room, leaving Ace alone in the room, really confused, of course.

Around six o'clock, Lee came up with a bowl of ramen(Japanese noodle soup). He put it on the same table that he had left the cup of tea.

"Don't eat yet, it's really hot." Lee added and patted Ace on the head.

"Then don't treat me like a child." Ace muttered and looked up in the roof.

"I won't." Lee smiled and closed the door behind him as he walked out of the room. Ace looked at the soup before he picked up the bowl. It was quite a lot of food. He started drinking it and ended up drinking it all.

"God, I can't believe I didn't throw up, I'm so full..." Ace sighed and lied down again. He tried to decide what was most important; getting his revenge on Lee or sleeping. He decided that sleeping was unimportant and that he had to confuse Lee. What could go wrong? (Yes, I know what you're thinking; "quite a lot". Well, for the moment, Ace is sick and can't think clearly, so he makes really dumb decisions.) Ace stood up and walked out of the room with quiet steps. He walked downstairs. Lee was sitting on the couch with his headphones on, listening to music. Ace approached him and sat down right in front of him. Lee looked up, confused.

Okay, it's now or never... I have to be strong now! Ace thought and closed his eyes. Then he kissed Lee. It was a weird feeling that flooded through Ace's body. It felt warm and comfortable, yet so unknown and new. To be completely honest everything felt weird and new, from the first day he moved to Manhattan. Ace blushed, but he didn't back down. The weird thing was that neither did Lee. That fact made Ace even more confused. After about a three minutes long kiss, he backed away. The warm feeling of Lee's soft lips disappeared. Lee glared at him.

"What... The...?!" he exhaled. Ace was still blushing. He looked away.

"I... I just..." he murmured before he suddenly got up and ran upstairs. Lee was jus about to run after him, but he stayed of an unknown reason.

Ace ended up sitting his bed with a blanket over his head. It had not gone as well as he thought that it would. (Surprise, everyone?) He sighed. "This is just getting more and more complicated... And I think my fever has gone up quite a bit..." Ace muttered and lied down on his soft pillow. He yawned and closed his eyes. Now sleeping is definitely more important..., he though as he slowly was drowning in sleepiness and dreams.