Chapter II

This book is written in advance on Patreon

This book is written in advance on Patreon. Two chapters are released weekly whilst on Inkitt and Wattpad, there is only one new chapter every week. To find out more about the tier system and benefits, click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

The song above is deja vu by Olivia Rodrigo

Word count: 3356

"Just keep swimming." — Finding Nemo, 2003

     THE first time I set my eyes on Granger Boarding School, I was optimistic about starting my new life

     It's quite late in the evening—you can blame unforeseeable traffic for that. Of course, there had to be an accident on the M1. The storm had moved from London and followed us up north.

     Aunt Mable cursed throughout the entire journey, complaining about not being able to see anything. I had checked the weather yesterday and insisted on getting a train there. She wouldn't have any of it though.

     When she revealed she wanted to spend some time with me, I knew I couldn't continue fighting with her.

     It's around eight o'clock when I arrive at the large school. The middle-aged woman who greets us doesn't seem to mind staying up late though. She appears to be very kind—a complete contrast to Deputy Head Elizabeth.

     She tells me her name is Mrs. Church and that she is the Headmaster of Granger Boarding School. Surprisingly, she makes time to give me a tour and shows me to my dorm. I investigate the room and smile at how spacious the room is.

     Leaving me packing, she leads Aunt Mabel to her office so they can go over the necessary paperwork.

     Just as I'm about to start ploughing through my suitcase, a knock resounds on my door.

     Inhaling a lungful of air, I head over to the door and open the door. Amber's familiar face greets me back. Her blue eyes shine with warmth, a glint I haven't seen in a very long time. My heart expands with euphoria, over the moon that she isn't looking at me with emotionless eyes.