Chapter III

This book is written in advance on Patreon

This book is written in advance on Patreon. Two chapters are released weekly whilst on Inkitt and Wattpad, there is only one chapter every week. To find out more about the tier system and benefits, click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

The song above is Feel So Close by Calvin Harris

Word count: 2474

"You is kind. You is smart. You is important."  The Help, 2011

     To celebrate the end of mock exams, one local student at Granger Boarding School decides to host a party

     To celebrate the end of mock exams, one local student at Granger Boarding School decides to host a party. I was hesitant to accept the invitation at first. After all, I was new here and the last time I went to a party, it ended with the man I loved turning into a wolf.

     But, Iris—my new, bold friend—is persistent. That girl will not take no for an answer.

     So, that is how I find myself surrounded by smoking, drunk teenagers on my fifth day at school.

     Amber is stood beside me, holding a plastic cup containing a fizzy drink. She has been refusing to drink anything since we arrived.

     Iris insisted on making me an alcoholic drink. She ended up mixing peach schnapps, cola, and hooch. To make her happy, I had a small sip of the drink in front of her. As soon as she left, I put the cup down.

     I just don't feel in the mood to get senselessly drunk to forget about Arlo. No matter what state of mind I would be in, he would still creep into my mind.

     Plus, I'm fairly certain the night will end with me sobbing my heart out.

     "Twins!" A shrilly voice shrieks from the other side of the kitchen. The host of this party—Shirley—gallops over to us gleefully. She introduced herself to me earlier and told me I had pretty hair.

     Amber still hasn't asked me why I dyed my hair. I can tell she wants to. Whenever she stares at me, her eyes linger on my hair.

     Shirley sandwiches herself between me and Amber and wraps a thin arm around us. Her strange, strong scent hits me hard.