Guilt [7]

The heavy entrance door closes behind Ethan as a cold breeze hits him "Jesus, it's freezing out here" he mutters to himself, there was clearly a great contrast between temperatures in the Dimitrescu castle to the outdoors. Winters picked a fairly quick walking pace to get to his vehicle, just outside of the village as he looks at the sky and identifies that the sun is setting knowing that it would be dark within the hour. Eventually he gets to his Car within 10 minutes, he starts the engine and travels to the nearest road to get him home. It would be at least a 25 minute drive at the minimum thus, it made it easy for Ethan to reflect on the day. He zones out with his attention to his driving while he recalls how his day went, from waking up, to this very second. Immediately Ethan feels that horrible sinking feeling of shame in his stomach when he acknowledges his unfaithfulness. Whenever he was in the castle, it felt like reality stopped however it had caught up with him now and he reaps the consequences internally for his mistake. Ethan begins to feel somewhat panicked as he has to explain his day to Mia. They would often always talk about their days to each other and now he has to construct a fake scenario he thinks to himself. His paranoia worsens as his mind goes to unrealistic situations "what if she knows what I did?" Though that would be virtually impossible Ethan thoughts become delusional.

[Ethan Winters arrives home]

"Okay breath Ethan" he encourages himself as he shuts the door to his car, he travels to the front door of his home with the guilt still living in his stomach. The front door quietly opens, he hears that the Tv is on, "Hey, I'm home honey" he projects with his weak voice, he gulps in nervousness when Mia appears in the door way with her fingers on her lips "Shhh! Rose is asleep" she said in strict tone. "Ahh shit, sorry... still need to get used to this life aha" he chuckles to himself trying to cover up his guilt. "It's fine, come." Mia gestures . Ethan follows Mia into the living room and they both sit down on the furniture. " I didn't know you were going be gone for a while" she says as she gives Ethan left over food that she cooked for dinner. "Oh Mia, I'm sorry I missed it." With a sincere heart he replies 'oh fuck, why'd did I let this happen?' . "Don't worry, I'm sure it was important." Mia assumes as she gets comfortable in her seating position. Ethan began eating the food and because of his heighten anxiety and guilt, he just ate without thinking about it. "Soooo, how's Chris?" Mia asks. "Uhh yeah, Chris is good...I think". There was gap of silence as the Tv continued as background noise, Ethan was in his head trying not to trip over his words and say something he'd regret. "What actually happened Ethan?" Mia asks out of the blue. "Huh?" Ethan blurts out as he turns his head in fear. "What did you and Chris do today?" Mia enforces, squinting with a light smile of confusion. "Oh yeah, well not much really. I'd probably make you fall asleep if I told you everything we did" Ethan brushes off. "Hahah, well that's Chris for you" Mia chuckles. Winters felt like he dodge a bullet with each question Mia asked. Unbeknownst to Ethan, Mia picked up on his behaviour and got closer to Ethan, laying her head on his shoulder. "Are you sure, everything's alright hun?" She asks with concerned behaviour "yeah yeah, I'm fine. I think I'm a little stressed" Ethan replies "I figured as much... do you want to talk about it?". Of course Ethan does not want to talk about what actually is causing him stress as the situation would turn into a tornado "Ahh, just all of this BSAA Conspiracy stuff we're working on has gotten me a bit overwhelmed" He says convincingly." "Awwh love, do you want me to help with your stress ?" she voices as she rubs Ethan's thigh. Ethan is speechless with words, he puts down his dinner plate and sits back as Mia goes to kiss him. Winters accepted her kiss and felt her lips touch his. He instantly got a flashback of his kiss with Bela. Unfortunately for Ethan, he didn't feel the kiss was as good. Mia Began stroking Ethan's crotch when she felt Ethan lightly restrain her "I'm sorry, I'm not feeling it tonight... Somethings off with me." Ethan confesses. Mia was caught off guard and was slightly disappointed "ohh okay, well... that's not like you" she supposes as she backs off, away from Ethan. Winters regains his posture and rubs his hands through is hair in agitation. Words had stopped being exchange between the couple as Ethan watches the commercials on the TV. Mia gets up and takes Ethan's plate to the kitchen in a deflated mood now. Ethan sits, pondering on ways to lift the situation up. "I'm going to take a shower, love." Mia announces as she walks past Ethan, walking towards the stairs. "Okay" he replies as he gives his wife a smile. Before Mia leaves the room she turns around "You know you can talk to me Ethan" Winters turned himself around to face his Wife "Yeah... I know Mia". She adds "No matter what it is, you can always talk to me if you're having a hard time. I'll always be by your side no matter what happens" she says with passion in her heart. "I know" the man replies with an appreciative smile placed on his face. Mia turns and walks upstairs to the shower. 'She says I can tell her no matter what... but, this is a whole new level of messed up' Ethan thinks to himself. His eyes stare with no attention as his mind tries to find solutions for his guilt and unfaithfulness. But nothing could help.