The Last Hope [11]

Ethan Winters wakes up the next day in his shared warm bed. Like most times, Ethan sleeps in much later than his wife as she would usual be making breakfast downstairs. The man leaves the bedroom and heads to the bathroom, he can't help but feel weighed down by his thoughts last night when sharing an intimate moment with Mia. The cold water splashes on his face as a way to wake himself up, he uses a towel to dry off as he looks directly at himself in the mirror and shakes his head in shame. However, he knows from past experience that this body language will create alarm bells for Mia, so the man pulls it together and puts on joyful face and heads downstairs. "Is that pancakes I smell!" He says  with a grain of forced joy in his voice. Mia replies in her natural attitude "you bet it is!" She says as she turns with a smile, the two hug it out. Rosemary is at the kitchen table eating chopped up slices of apple. Mia goes up to the baby "Look! Daddy's awake" Rosemary makes the cute squeaky vocalisations young babies make. Mia holds Ethan's hand and brings up it up to meet her lips. "Last night... was great, what do you think?" She says looking up at Ethan affectionately. " it wasn't great, it was amazing." The man says. The woman smiles "Then I suppose we should do it more often!" Sticking out her tongue in cheeky manner. Ethan laughs as she turns around to finish the breakfast

[Two Weeks Later]
*RING RING* Ethan's phone goes as he feels the vibration in his right pocket, he looks at whose calling and sees it's Chris, "Chris? Hmm what's he calling about?" He asks himself before answering the phone. "Hello Chris" Chris immediately replies "Hey Ethan, I'll elaborate more when you get here, but we've manufactured a highly experimental cure to bring the living back." Ethan had forgot about the promise he made to Bela about finding a way to see her sisters again. "We'll talk later Ethan, just get down here now." Ethan heard the urgency in the Strong man's voice "Okay sure, I'll be right there" Winters says before hanging up and shouts to Mia "Honey! Somethings came up, I need to speak to Chris. I don't know when I'll be back!" The woman replies shortly following "Okay, Be safe!" And with that, he leaves the house and drives his car to the compound where Chris was situated.

A part of Ethan wanted to abandon this whole thing with the Dimitrescu's. But he remembers back to Louisiana in 2017 where he risked almost everything to save his loved one. So now he's doing it again. 'But not for a loved one' He thinks to himself.
Ethan arrives at the compound and sees that the security is top level here. He would usually have to go through clearance levels however, Due to Chris's command Ethan is allowed to by-bass all of that.
He finally meets Chris in a room with a table and hard covered briefcase located on top. "Ethan, How are you doing man?" Chris greets Ethan and they exchange small talk before talking about the more significant topic.
"So... what's the deal with all this?" Ethan asks as he points at the brief case. Chris takes a deep breath "Yeah... listen carefully Ethan. I trust you... and I'm putting trust in you now, to use this for the greater good." Ethan picks up the seriousness in his tone "okay..." Chris continues his speech as he opens up the briefcase "This here, is a sort of prototype that had a lot of work put into it. We've calculated all the dangers that could follow with something like this. We don't want an another event like the T Virus okay?" Ethan complies "Yes I agree, you know me Chris. I will be wise with it." Chris exhales slowly "But there's a catch, we've purposely made it imperfect to prevent a pandemic from happening and there's no way to spread this cure. It may only be used for one situation, not one more."