Prologue

I got a seat with a window. Thought it would be nice to stare out at the stars. Now I regret it with everything I have, which isn't much. A perfect view of Aziel's limp body being dragged out of sight, the people we are leaving behind, and the world I can no longer call home. The sunset turns to smoke as the engine starts to run. Even with the loud engine, I can still hear screams and sobs. Birds screeching and running into the windows. People banging on the doors trying to stay alive.

"There's still room! Let me in!"

  I cover my ears, desperate to get the voices out of my head. It was like watching a movie on a broken hologram that just kept replaying one scene. The difference was this wasn't just a movie. This was real, and I had to experience it. Without warning, we begin to launch. People fall out of their seats, others yak, and most scream. I try to force myself to not look out the window. But temptation fills my nerves and I gaze out at what there is left to see. Flames slowly getting bigger, yet; smaller as we fade away.

They were right; there was plenty of room. I wouldn't have minded the floor if it meant a little boy took my seat. Shoot, I wouldn't have minded my life. As the feelings begin to sink in, I hate myself more and more for not letting someone else go instead of me.  I have nothing left here. No family, friends, or even reasons I should be here. I just am. The world is now nothing but orange flames and rock that's just lost and floating in space. The pain in my stomach deepens, making me feel sick. 

October 11th 6732. From here on out nothing will be the same. Our lives will be changed forever. The entire earth's inner core erupted and left nothing but flames. This wasn't supposed to happen to me. Not in my lifetime. Not until 7862. Around a thousand years from now. We weren't ready for this. Not ready at all. I long for days to be normal and the time to make sense. We only had enough spacecrafts to supply 1/4 of the population. And even so, I doubt we saved as much as that.

Rynoryn 3E-24 is where we're headed. If we even make it to Rynoryn we're going to be on this spacecraft for months, maybe even years. Rynoryn is supposedly the closest thing to earth, and there isn't really any other option. Only young adults and children are being saved. No one will know what to expect in the new world. Since we do not know what resources there will be, we have left people with diseases too. People might say I am lucky I am only 17 and healthy.  But if you ask me, it might be the worst luck ever. Being left to die, is better than suffering.