Don't Mind the Gap

This is my very first ever story! I am rather proud, as I never usually stick at something! Yay!

Anyway, I have over 300 reads already and I am so happy! :) Please tell me what you think about it! I really want to improve my writing because lets just say at school I fail English! :( If only we could write stories all the time. I'm sure I would do better than what I am at the moment! Anyway this is dedicated to all my lovely friends! Especially Emily, Sparta, and Susanna as they are all writing too! Thankz Guys and enjoy! 

*************************************************************************************************************

Don’t Mind the Gap.

Chapter 1 –Felicity’s POV

                “Hello sweetie,” he snarled licking his lips. I backed up as far as I could, that was until my hands reached the cold, stone wall behind me. I was trapped with nowhere to run and this freak was holding a revolver up to my head. “What’s your name, hun?” he asked waving the gun towards me. My throat was dry; did I tell him my real name? I wondered for a while before I decided against it.

                “Amelia...” I lied, wow I need water.

                “Amelia? Pretty... surname?!” he was growing impatient; his fist around the trigger was getting tight, not once did I move my eyes from its barrel. That time I knew what I would do, lie. If he knew who I was there was no way he would let me go. Unfortunately I pondered for a little bit too long as his forearm suddenly grasped around my neck, and the gun was shoved into my skull. This guy has serious anger problems. Ok, ‘Amelia’ think...

                “Wood...?” I replied questioning, why did I do that? This response made him tighten his grip.

                “Don’t lie to me!” he spat, “I know who you are!” What? How did he know me? I’d made sure none of my photo’s ended up in the papers; no one knew who I was. To everyone I was an English school girl who came to America with her mum and dad when she was 15, two years ago. How the hell did he know who I was? I realised that I couldn’t breathe, so I grasped his arm with my hands and pierced the skin with my manicured nails. A girl’s secret weapon! I heard him wince but all my actions seemed to do was force the gun harder into my head. With his free hand he tucked my loose curls behind my ear whispering as he did, “Don’t lie to me, tell me who you are and you will make this so much easier for yourself.” I hesitated, but this guy was seriously freaking me out. I removed my hands from his arm; they were smothered in blood making me gag. However this did make him loosen his grip.

                “Fine” I croaked, I shut my eyes ashamed of revealing my hidden identity, “I’m Felicity... Felicity Cooper.” I heard him chuckle, what was he laughing about? Actually after thinking about it, I don’t want to know.

                “You mean, out of all these girls at this school I kidnapped the prime minister’s daughter??!” he howled licking his lips, like he’d won the jackpot.  Argh! He was bluffing; he had no idea who I was at all. Stupid Felicity. “Hmm, I reckon Darren will want to see this” his eyes gleaming with excitement. He grabbed a mobile from his pocket and started to mumble incoherently to who I presumed to be Darren. I didn’t even know his name, I thought.

                “E-excuse me? W-what’s your name?” I coughed plucking up enough courage to ask him as he hung up the phone. He just stared at me smirking, my heart rate booming through my chest.

                “Oh pretty, got your tongue back have we?” he spat, edging closer. Not a smart move Felicity. Suddenly his grubby hand was clutching my chin, his snarled face only inches from my face. My breathing quickened as I could predict what was coming next, not once did I take my eyes of his gun. “Do you want to ask that again? Or are you going to keep quiet?” He tightened the grip around my chin.