CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

Graduation Party

Music was playing as the lights were sparkling. Cyle, Sheila, Erick, and Jake, together with their respective families, were dancing at the center. They did not have any guesses, but it seemed to be like a very intimate family gathering. They hired catering services to prepare the venue as well as the food. Everyone was enjoying the night.

Sheila went on the stage and got the mic. "Hello, everyone! I would like to offer a toss for me, Cyle, Jake, and Erick," she chortled, "of course, to our parents, who are always there to support us."

"Cheers!" Erick shouted as they were tossing wine.

Sheila was holding the microphone, and she began to start calling the parents of Jake to deliver their messages. They went on the stage, and she lent them the microphone.

"The floor is yours, Tito and Tita," she smiled and walked to the side.

"Thank you, Sheila!" Jake's mom smirked at her and hugged her.

"First of all, I don't want to cry," she guffawed, and everyone was laughing.

"I just want to say congratulations to everyone, the four of you, for the triumph you have made in your life. Especially to my son, whom I love most, you made us proud. I love you, and we will always be here to support you, especially in your relationship with Cyle." Everyone was cheering and shouting while Cyle was just sitting beside Jake, holding hands.

"One thing I want to wish for the both of you is that you'll be together forever. I love you both guys, and kudos to us parents also." Jakes's mom cried and lent the microphone to her husband.

"To my son Jake, I love you so much and you made us proud. I just also want to congratulate the four of you for making this happen. Congrats, parents!" He lent the microphone to Sheila, and everyone was cl?By doing our businesses, you still made us proud. You are such a very understanding son. This will also be my chance to give you the blessing that your relationship with Jake will last a long time! "

"Amen!" Erick shouted and stood up from his position.

"Congratulations to everyone, especially to my son, Cyle. As a father, I am always here for you. Thank you for keeping your promises and making us proud. You all are great!" Cyle's dad gave the mic back to Sheila.

Cyle was just sitting as he stood up to give his parents a big hug. He was crying and sat down.

As he finished delivering his speech, everyone gathered at the center and gave him a group hug. It was a very momentous moment for everyone because they had their parents with them as they celebrated the triumph of success.

"Long live, everyone!" Erick spoke to the mic and began to play the music.

As their parents had their conversation together, Sheila was with Erick, and Cyle was with Jake. They were sitting on the seashore. Cyle was just hugging and looking at Jake as he leaned his head against his shoulder.

"Guys, can I ask?" Sheila faced them.

"What's that?" Cyle answered and smiled at her.

"What's your plan in college? Where do you want to enroll?" she uttered.

"It still depends on my parents," Jake said, grasping Cyle's hand.

"The same here," Erick faced Sheila, "we're on a vacation here, and 2 months from now, we're heading back to the States."

"I myself, too," Cyle sighed. "It depends on them."

"Yes, of course. Why don't we try to promise each other that no distance or even time can hinder us from seeing each other again?" Sheila immediately stood up, putting her hands at the front center.

"Okay! Promise!" Erick affirmed.

"Promise!" Jake uttered.

"Promise!" Cyle whisper-yelled.

"No matter what, we have to see each other again!" they shouted.

Cyle was sleeping beside Jake as Sheila was with Erick. They were so tired. Cyle, on the other hand, could hardly sleep, and he was still thinking of what ifs and the possible scenarios that could happen to them when they were enrolled in different schools, especially for Jake and him. He could not deny the fact that he was so afraid that, after all these happy moments, everything would change.

Lord, I trust in you. No matter what happens, please make this relationship strong and firm, as well as that of Sheila and Erick. And thank you for everything.

"Baby, take a nap now." Jake pulled him closer and hugged him.

"Good night, baby," he said, kissing him on the forehead.