CHAPTER FORTY

The Letter

To my one great love:

"You are in my heart, in my soul; all of your pieces will be mine forever."

The time is running so fast, and we should make it last.

I am not afraid to love you, but we are still hindered by society and our family.

Until I die, my love for you will be forever.

Thanking you for always being there despite all the odds,

How I wish to have you beside me.

Doing things freely where we can show the world how much we love each other.

I will always keep our promises; you'll always be in my heart.

I want you to know that I do love you.

We are hindered by judgments and perspectives.

How I wish I could hold your hands and be together.

Even at the end of the world, I will still choose you.

And if this is my end, I will still love you.

If you are weary and sad, always look at the twinkling stars.

In the darkest part of the sky, there's still light.

Look up above, and we'll be staring at each other.

Distance and time will never hinder our love.

I miss you so much, and I want to hold you.

I am in the cage, writing this letter for you, my love.

How I wish I could freely go somewhere and stay with you,

How I wish that someday I would be with you forever.

Tears may fall from my eyes, but I still remember you.

If you are sad, always remember that my soul will always be by your side.

Even in my next life, I will still find and choose you.

In the next chapter of my life, I will still love you.

Years may pass, and days may come.

Let us still keep our promises to each other.

I am yours, and you will always be mine.

"You are in my heart, in my soul; all of my pieces will be yours forever."

After reading the letter, Alex and his mother could not resist crying. The tears fell from their eyes, and the story was unfolded. They hugged Rex so tight, and it saddened them when Rex cried, reminiscing about what they had gone through before. A story that was hindered by society, hoping to get freedom from the cage of judgments and discrimination.

"Tito, I'm sorry for that," he wiped his tears, "that you experienced to live a life that was cruel and brutal."

"Don't be sorry, Alex. That's life," he was gasping for air, "we can't force something to happen because that's what we want. There are things in this world that are impossible.

"I want to let these letters go. I need to make them flow following the course of the water like they are already freed from the cage. I don't need them," he smirked at them. "I know that Ken is waiting for me already there up above—like waiting for me for thousands of years.

"Even if he is so hard to find, I will still find a way just to look for him. No matter what, I hope that in the next life we can still be together," he sobbed and slowly wiped his tears.

As Rex was throwing the letters to the sea, "My love, wait for me there. Let us continue our love story and make every moment of us memorable where there are no what-ifs and hindrances," he breathed. "Let's make every second and every minute treasurable being together once again. I love you so much."

Alex was holding Tito's wheelchair while his mother was comforting her brother.

"Bro, when you are already in heaven, I wish you could be together once again. I wish you both happiness and a long-lasting relationship." She embraced him, sobbing.

"Thank you, sis. Thank you for the trust and everything that you did to me. Thank you for always understanding me and supporting me along the way. And now that my life has come to an end," he grabbed her hands. "Alex always takes care of your mother. That's the only thing I want you to promise me."

Rex leaned his head on the right shoulder of Alex's mother.

"Bro, I love you so much," she said, tapping her brother's head.

"Tito, I want you to know that I love you and I will take care of mom until my and her last breath," he sobbed. "Thank you also, Tito, for teaching and inspiring me to be a good writer. Thank you so much." He kissed him on the forehead.

"I am already tired, and I need to rest. Ken is waiting for me," he smiled.

After that moment, Rex took his last breath, leaning on his sister's shoulder. His sister was left in tears, as was Alex.

"Rest now, Tito, and be happy with Tito Ken in heaven," Alex whispered in Tito's left ear. "I hope that you will both be happy there. I wish you to be together in the next life and continue the love story you have started to create." 

THE END