My Older Brother's Best Friend... Wait What Older Brother?! -Chapter 23

Hey all my amazing fans & readers,

I'm sorry about uploading late. I was going to upload two fridays ago, but I got a bad cold that lasted....well I actually still have it. But I wanted to upload for you guys, so I am.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

My Older Brother's Best Friend... Wait What Older Brother?! -Chapter 23

Recap of Last Chapter:

-Alex's Point of View

"Your right, I don't. But I could learn." I say, standing up. He gives me a confused look. "Like your step mom said, 'Scarlet really needs her friends right now'."

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

-Alex's thoughts

From that moment on, Cameron knew that I wanted to be there for Scarlet and the baby. He knew how much I care about them and how much I didn't want to be out of their lives. When he let me hold her, I knew myself that I couldn't leave Scarlet or her. I had to be there to protect them and keep them safe from any danger that may come.

It's been a week since the baby was born and I have not left Scarlet's side since I was released from the hospital. I haven't even gone to school, but thankfully Cameron's been bring and turning in my work for me. I mean, I do the work, but he turns it in to my classes for me, while I stay with Scarlet and take care of her baby during the school day. Cameron and Scarlet's parents have gone back to work, but for now they are working from their home so that they can get to Scarlet quickly and help take care of her baby at night.

Scarlet hasn't woken up from the drug (or drugs) that Jason gave her, but the doctors believe that she's doing better as each day goes by. She doesn't have to have a tube in her throat anymore to help her breathe, which is great, but she still does get oxygen from a tank to help her breathe on her own. I've sat beside her bed crying and wanting her to wake up soon, but she hasn't. It's hard for me to sleep at night knowing that when I wake up, Scarlet may not be there.

-Alex's Point of View

I continue to lay there on the hospital room couch, with my baby girl resting on my chest. I close my eyes and begin to drift off to sleep. I'm almost asleep when I hear movement coming from over by the bed. I turn my head slowly, careful to not wake up my girl, to find beautiful clear blue eyes looking at me. "Scarlet, you're awake!" I exclaim, getting up quickly from the couch and hurrying to her side. She tries to sit up, but I shake my head no. "Stay lying down. I'm going to go get a doctor." I order and then hurry out the door and to the nurses desk. "She's awake! Scarlet's awake." They look at me shocked but relieved and hurry into a different room, returning within seconds with the doctor. He jogs down to her room with me in tow.

"Good afternoon, Scarlet. You have been out for sometime, now." He states, getting a small cup of water from the sink. "Here, drink this. It will help with your throat." She takes the cup and gulps it down.

"Thirsty much, Scarlet?" I joke, which causes her to nod her head vigorously. The doctor and I chuckle at her response.

"H-.....How long h-have....I been....out?" She chokes out. The doctor and I share a quick glance then look back to her.

"A little more than a week." I say sadly.

"But every day you kept getting better and better and now you're awake, which is very great news. Your friend here has not left this room for basically the whole time you've been here. He didn't want to leave you alone. He also has been a great father to your child." The doctor explains.