Chapter 5

Walking in to Pierre's a little before nine, you caught a glimpse of yourself in the door's glass, and you gave yourself a mental nod of approval. You looked like a woman not to be reckoned with. Your hair was loose and you styled it in soft curls, lips red, dress tight, heels high – you wore your battle armor. You were all woman, voluptuous and feminine; but you were also all warrior, setting up the chess pieces for the most epic battle of wills. You were going to win a round or two tonight, and give Satoru something to salivate over.

"Welcome, Miss. Your associate is already seated, please follow me." Said the host at the entrance.

"Thank you, Jeon." You replied warmly to the young host who regularly welcomed you.

"You look lovely this evening." Jeon said with a shy smile.

"Why thank you, Jeon. I have a point to make this evening." You replied with a wink.

"And what point may that be, if you don't mind me asking?"

"That I am a force to be reckoned with." You said sweetly.

You reached your regular booth at that moment.

"I cannot imagine anyone would think otherwise, Miss." He said respectfully pulling the chair out for you. "I will send your server out shortly." And he was gone. And you were alone with Satoru.

His eyes travelled hungrily upward, finally landing on your challenging eyes.

"Like what you see, Gojo?" you asked flirtatiously.

"Very much so, Princess." He replied with a self-satisfied smirk on his face. Huh, he probably thought you were seducing him. And while that may be a step in the night's plans, it was not your end goal.

"Good." You replied.

You waitress appeared then, taking your orders. What was impressive was her attention to you and not Satoru. God, you loved this place, and you would have to tip both her and Jeon handsomely this evening. Thanking her as she poured the wine, and glancing at Satoru as you took a sip, you saw him studying you with an amused smile.

"Looks like I'm on the backfoot tonight." He said simply.

"Only if you place yourself there, Gojo. Now you were going to explain things to me this evening, no?" you asked innocently.

Sighing, he sat up taller, "Yes, I guess it's time I explain my asshole ways, huh?"

You gave him a soft smile in response.

Tapping the table with his index finger and studying you, you could see the wheels turning. "Just start anywhere, Gojo. I don't care if we work backwards." You said gently.

"Fair. So let me start off by apologising. I'm so incredibly sorry, Princess. What happened that day in the park should never have happened, and I promise that it won't ever happen again." He said, bowing his head.

"What was that all about? Why did that curse come after me?" you asked.

"You're... special. I'm not known to keep the same company for very long... but I've been seeing you – and only you – for months now. I'm the target for many ugly things out there, and I have never been caught out like I was there. You're my Achilles heel, Princess." He finished on a sigh.

"I am your weakness?" you asked, taken back.

"Yeah. You are." He said chuckling darkly.

Lowering your walls for a moment, you felt it. He was going to break a little piece of your heart tonight.

"I can't do 'more'." He said calmly. "I know that I've hurt you and I fucking hate myself for it, but I cannot keep up with the expectations that come from 'more'. I have a complicated line of work... and I cannot protect the whole of Japan, and a woman. It killed me knowing that I was the reason behind your bruises and tears that night in the park. The fact that I stupidly led that psycho right to you. I never mess up like that, I never let my personal shit mix with the important stuff."